Sunday, November 1, 2009

GCA #64 - Inspired by Art


Hello all!! This week we are using some wonderful artwork pieces to create our own masterpieces!

My sample for you is using the C is for Cat set. This is one of the first sets I bought as I am a major cat lover!! The piece of artwork I used for my inspiration can be found in the Ten Marilyn's poster originally done by Andy Warhol. Hence the name of the technique too!!


I'm sending this off to a very good friend, who also likes cats, and her favorite colors are from the Earth Elements family.

I used Ruby Red, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Dusty Durango, Old Olive, More Mustard, Soft Suede, Autumn Traditions dsp and Confetti White. The difficult part of this type of card is getting your squares the same size and matching them up when you adhere them to your card!


This was also the first time I made the ribbon ruffles, and I like the result on here. The sentiment is popped up with dimensionals and I used felt flowers from Flower Fusion and an EE brad in Ruby Red.

Please take a moment and check out the Fulcrum Gallery and find your inspiration. Either link us to your inspiration piece or describe it to us.

So, the challenge this week is to create a card, project or scrapbook page using one of the art pieces found on the Fulcrum Gallery site, upload it to either your blog or to an online gallery and post a link to your creation to this blog entry by November 7, 2009 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner the next day. If you upload your card to SCS, PaperCraft Planet, Stampin' Addicts or Stamp TV, please put GCA64 in your keywords. That way everyone can see all of the wonderful creations at once!

Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenges and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it! And yes, my challenge is open to everyone who visits, even if you live outside the US!

Happy Stamping!!!

~~~Ann~~~

3 comments:

Inking Idaho said...

Love this card Ann!
Becky

Kate said...

Great Challenge! Here is my project I left all my art inspiration info and link on my blog! Thanks again!

li-bee-ti said...

Such a lovely inspiring challenge!
Me & my kids made 3 cards inspired by the work of P. Mondrian - here.