Monday, June 1, 2009

Rooster Birthday Wishes - FS121




Hello all!!!


The FS for this week is Rox71 - our very own Sketch Challenge hostess!!!! What an honor to peruse through her gallery and CASE one of her cards! When I saw this card http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/548217?cat=500&ppuser=23790 I knew what one to chose and that I would use my Rustic Rooster set. I wanted this set when we were able to pre-order the newest hostess sets, however I opted for another one instead. So when I got the chance to get it a second time, I jumped on it!! This is the first time I've inked it up though!!


In keeping with the "French Country" look, I chose more subtle/fallish colors, but will be sending this off to my aunt whose birthday is this month. I stayed fairly true to the original layout, except I left off the triangles below the border. Instead I used my scallop lace punch and used decorative copper brads.


My rooster was stamped in CC craft and clear embossed with sponging around the edges, as well as sponging around the script panel. Now that it is covered up, it's hard to see but I first stamped Linen in Saffron and then overstamped the script. You can see it a little more clearly in the border strip, which I overstamped with the flourish.


My frame around the rooster is the "Torn Frame" technique I learned from Technique Junkies. This is a fun and fast technique and gives your card that aged look. I sponged the torn edges in brown staz on and Really Rust. I used the same sentiment set as Roxie, but I used the large button on Buttons #5 die for the scalloped look! And I punched out the center and popped it up.


The main image is popped up with thick foam squares and the border strip is up with dimensionals.


I also did up the inside, as you can see above. I had the negative piece of Very Vanilla from the Top Note die and just went that! The egdes are stamped in the same colors.


Happy Stamping


~~~Ann~~~

1 comment:

StampinCathy said...

This is awesome and so inspiring. Love the layout, colors, and all the stamps.