Sunday, June 14, 2009

GCA #45 - All About the Baby!!!



Hello all!!! Well, I'm sure you can tell where this challenge came from, but it's not just about MY new grandson, Malaki!! This is about all those wonderful babies out there! Whether it's a new baby just arrived or one that is due to arrive soon!!!

This week I actually made a 6 x 6 scrapbook page. I have a hard time doing scrapbook pages, not sure why, but this one came out very good, IMHO!!! This page actually started based on Sharon Johnson's weekly Friday Stamp Simply challenge 91: Half Circles! Please note: This is not a requirement for this week's GCA. I simply used her challenge to springboard my challenge, which you are more than welcome to do if you like!!!

Now, on to the page! When I first started working on this I thought it would be just a scrapbook page for Malaki's book, but the more i worked on it, the end result is what evolved!

Since I just received my sneak peek order of new stuff coming up in the new catalog, I decided to use them! The new dsp is Tall Tales and coordinates with the new stamp set Animal Stories. When I first saw this set I wasn't too sure of it, but the more I looked at it and thought about what I could do it grew on me! And since I am losing Wild About You and Zoofari, I needed a set that would be suitable for children.

The scalloped circles are made using the scalloped circle die and Big Shot. To achieve the double layer, all I did was use the bottom, or cut off, portion of the circles. The elephant was cut out and placed directly over the elephant in the dsp. I really wanted it show, but the ribbon cut him in half!

The nameplate was made with my Matchbox die and I hand wrote the stats on it. The label at the top is made with the new Modern Label punch, Word Window punch and the new set Teeny Tiny Wishes!! This is one of the sets I received for my SAB sales this year! It is a very versatile set and I can see using it alot!

The end result is a hanging scrapbook page which I am taking into work for my cubicle!! And to show off Malaki! I am in the process of making one for Cameron as well, so I'll post that when I get it done. As you can see, I finished the page for Cameron!! I used retired Western Sky dsp and last years In-Colors of River Rock and Blue Bayou. The corner piece is cut from one of the sheets in the dsp and then I cut out part of the star.

So, for this week's challenge you need to create a card, project, scrapbook page or whatever, with a "BABY" theme, upload it either to your blog, or to an online gallery and post a link to your card to this blog entry as a comment by June 20, 2009 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner through a random number generator and post the next Sunday.

Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenge and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it! If you upload your card on SCS, Stampin' Addicts or Paper Craft Planet, please put GCA45(NO SPACE IN BETWEEN GCA AND 45) in the keyword section. That way everyone can look at all of the creations at once! If you've been waiting to join in the fun, jump on in and have some fun!!


Happy Stamping!!!


~~~Ann~~~

2 comments:

Vickilyn said...

Here's one for you! And congrats on the little one!

http://paperhugs.blogspot.com/2009/06/bunch-of-pink.html

~Vicki

Joann said...

Congrats on the safe arrival of the new baby.
Here's one from me:
http://joannslittlethings.blogspot.com/2009/06/baby-girl-card.html