Sunday, June 21, 2009

GCA #46 - All About the Man!!!





Hello all!!! I hope everyone is enjoying a Happy Father's Day with the special man in their life today!!
And with today being Father's Day, the GCA for this week is all about men!! Well, masculine cards or projects that is!!

I don't know about you, but I have a very difficult time making masculine cards. I want to put all the frilly, pretty girlie things on and for a man that just wont do!

I have three samples from you, which I pulled from my archives!!! (Getting ready to leave for Indy for the week for training and not a lot of time to create!!!)

The first two samples use the Wanted set, which I think is perfect for creating male cards!! And the third sample uses the Boatloads of Love set, which would be a perfect Valentine or anniversary card!! IMHO!!

So, for this week's GCA you need to create a card, project or scrapbook page that is masculine themed, upload it either to your blog, or to an online gallery and post a link to your card to this blog entry as a comment by June 27 2009 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner through a random number generator and post the next Sunday.

Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenge and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it! If you upload your card on SCS, Stampin' Addicts or Paper Craft Planet, please put GCA46(NO SPACE IN BETWEEN GCA AND 46) in the keyword section. That way everyone can look at all of the creations at once! If you've been waiting to join in the fun, jump on in and have some fun!! male theme!
Happy Stamping!!!
~~~Ann~~~

8 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Fabulous manly man cards. Have a great trip.

Dorothy (etsdas on SCS) said...

Thanks for the inspiring samples.
I make a lot of masculine cards (LOTS of male relatives!) but I still have trouble with some. I hope this works - I have a friend who requested a sympathy card. I do not usually do many frills on them anyway, but I made this with no scallops and only a bit of ribbon.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1388856?cat=500&ppuser=2873

Joann said...

Here's one I made for my dad:
http://joannslittlethings.blogspot.com/2009/06/tree-for-dad.html

NWFlamingo said...

Here's one I thought my son might get a kick out of.

http://nwflamingo.blogspot.com/2009/06/flight-of-challenge-pile-it-on-3.html#comments

StampinCathy said...

I'm so glad you are getting more stampers to play along in your challenges.
Here's my card for this week:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1392289?cat=500&ppuser=66979

raindropecho said...

Those cards are SO cute! Thanks for another fun challenge!
Here's my card

Irit Shalom said...

YOUR CARDS ARE REALLY GREAT
HERE IS ONE FOR MY DAD
http://iritshalom.blogspot.com/2009/06/blog-post_19.html

Ginny said...

another fab challenge

here's mine