Sunday, September 30, 2007

Wishing You Peace


Here is my second card for the Featured Stamper today on SCS. Again, still playing with my Make A Wish set.


I don't have any of the Fabriano notecards, at least not yet yet!! There were two reasons why I wanted to case this card; One since I have a difficult time doing one layer cards and Two I wanted to try the masking technique I did on this card. I know this is not a new technique, but it is one that I have not gotten around to trying.

Since I do not have the notecard Jenn used, I went with Shimmery White and placed it on an Elegant Eggplant base card. My oval frame was sponged in Almost Amethyst. The flower is stamped in Elegant Eggplant and Always Artichoke and then stamped three times without re-inking. I also stamped the saying in Elegant Eggplant.

I used the ticket corner punch just for some drama. The ribbon is silver trimmed organdy I bought last year during the Christmas season. I think I finally found the right way to tie a simple, yet pretty, knot in my ribbon. Check out http://www.kwernerdesign.com/ for a video Kristina taped showing how she ties her knots. Awesome!!

That's all for today!! I need to finish up on the project I am teaching on October 6th, which World Card Making Day. I'll post a pics when I finish it.


Happy Stamping!!


~~~Ann~~~

No comments: