Friday, September 21, 2007

True Friend and Thank U


What do these have in common? They are two of the cards I've worked on this week for SCS challenges!! Both cards use True Friend from the Holiday mini collection and one uses Zoofari.

The first card is for the Wednesday sketch challenge. I needed to make up some samples using True Friend to show my customers and club members and this is what I cam up with.

The colors for this card came from the piece of swirly dp (not sure who makes it) which incorporate Choc. Chip, Ruby Red, and Blush Blossom. I hardly use Blush Blossom, but I like how these all go so well together.

I mounted the dp on Choc. Chip and did some paper piercing around the edge. On the Blush Blossom layer I stamped Linen in Choc. Chip/Ruby Red. I stamped off once before putting it on the card, but I think I should have stamped off twice. Oh, well too late now!!

On the vertical strip I layered Choc. Chip, Ruby Red and Very Vanilla with distressing done on the Choc. Chip layer. I stamped the small flower medallion in Blush Blossom and stamped the sentiment in Ruby Red. Some light sponging with Choc. Chip ink and it's done!

The flower was inked in Ruby Red and rock n rolled in Choc. Chip. I used my Always Artichoke marker to color the stem and then stamped onto Very Vanilla. Blush Blossom on Linen was over stamped on the image, more light sponging and I used the ticket corner punch on all 4 corners. The Ruby Red panel has distressing on all the edges as well. Four copper brads completes this panel. This panel is up on dimensionals.

I wanted to put some ribbon on here, but I didn't want to cover up the dp so I opted for a simple knot bow onto a Hodge Podge Hardware clip in Aged Copper. The ribbon I used is the new Chocolate satin from SU! in the Holiday mini. Very soft and shiny!!!


My second card is for today's Limited Supplies Challenge. Today Jen had us using no more than 4 layers and self limiting our embellishments. Since I just had my stampers club meeting on Wednesday night, one of the cards we made fit with a few changes.

This card literally took me 15 minutes to make!! One of the fastest I've ever made! The base card is Groovy Guava with Groovy Guava dp layered on there. We used Zoofari for my club cards, and it was on my stamp table!!, I went with it!

The zebra is stamped in Groovy Guava with sponging around the edges and layered onto Always Artichoke. The ribbon is Wild Wasabi double stitched and Always Artichoke gg stapled on with a green staple.

The 'Thank U' is from True Friend and is stamped in Always Artichoke. Remember when I said I was involved with a large stamping event? Well, these are the thank yous I will be sending out to my customers who attended.

The base card and the middle panel are sponged in Always Artichoke to give it some depth. The paper piercing was a last minute decision and I like how it really makes the middle panel 'pop'!



I've now added a subscription spot if you would like to subscribe to my blog and know when I add new posts.


Take care and Thanks for stopping by!!


Happy Stamping!!


~~~Ann~~~

1 comment:

Elaine said...

You have fabulous designs!!