Saturday, September 1, 2007

Here Comes Autumn & Halloween

Jen gave us a real challenge this Friday for the LSC, 3 parts and all had to be completed to be eligible for the random drawing she will hold on Monday, 9/3.


Part 1 was to create an Autumn or Halloween scene card. Part 2 was to create a Halloween card using an animal stamp you wouldn't normally see in a Halloween card. And part 3 was to create a tent topper card in a Halloween or autumn theme. These could all be combined into one card if you wanted.




The first card I created was my Autumn scene. Well, as much as I love how this card turned out, my scene was not complete. I used Lovely As a Tree, stamped in brown staz on and sponged autumn colors over the image. The leaves are stamped on the Pumpkin Patch spectrum pad from Seasonal Whimsy. The pumpkins are made using my 3/4" and 1/2" circle punches. A bit of mellow moss gg for a stem and linen thread for the vines, and you have pumpkins!! Jen gave me some great creative advice in how to make a scene card. I have never attempted to create a card of this type before, so I was WAY out of my comfort zone!!



But the second card you see is my tent topper card combined with another scene, this time using Halloween stamps. I used the new textured paper in Basic Black for my base and then layered Pumpkin Pie, Creepy Crawly dp and WW. Again I used Lovely As A Tree stamped in black staz on here and sponged with fall colors. My tent topper is made using the Mary mega scallop and super circle punches in Wild Wasabi and Summer Sun. My ghouly friends from Booglie Eyes are out for a fun night of Trick or Treating and their friend the witch is pointing the way to the treats! No tricks here!! And they are not complete without the addition of googly eyes!!



The third card here is my Halloween card using a non Halloween image. I used the alligator from Wild About You, hand drew a witch's hat, and hung the pumpkin bucket from his mouth. I used the Creepy Crawly dp as the BG and as my sentiment. The torn papers are taken from a card on display at convention with another set of dp. Since we had to limit ourselves with layers, tools and embellishments I only used ribbon and the ticket corner punch on here. The main panel is raised with dimensionals and so is the gator and sentiment. The card looked "bare" yet to me, so I used my black marker and did some doodling. I used the new WW textured cardstock for my base.



Be sure to check out the SCS forums for all of the weekly challenges for your own fun & excitement. All of the links are in the side bar on the right.


Thanks for stopping by!!


Happy Stamping!!


~~~Ann~~~

No comments: