Sunday, September 16, 2007

Paint Chip Zoo!!


Here is my card for this week's Featured Stamper challenge on SCS. You can find the link in the side bar. Zindorf is the FS for this week and does she ever have a vast range of stamping talent.

I was drawn to the card I cased due to the paint chip sample she used. I have never used a paint chip before and since I had one I thought I wold give it a try. My colors (Taken With Teal, Cool Caribbean & WW) came from the paint chip and I added in Basic Gray to help break things up.

I went with Zoofari since the paint chip already had the squares punched out and I thought the smaller animals would be cute peeking out of them. They were stamped in black staz on, as was the rhino.

For the rhino I used my WatercolorWonder crayons in Going Gray and Basic Gray. His teeth and horn are in Vanilla. For the sky I used Tempting Turquoise and small splashes of Taken with Teal. The grass was done with Green Galore. All of the colors were blended with a blender pen. Once I was done I thought he needed something added and flowers came to mind. I took the "Happy for You" stamp from Tagger's Dozen and colored just the flowers with my markers and stamped them on the line between the sky and grass. I then scribbled a darker line for some added definition.

My white BG panel was stamped with the Sanded BG stamp in Cool Caribbean with touches of Basic Gray and then sponged on all edges in CC. The tag corner punch completed this panel.

Since I made this with my niece in mind for her upcoming birthday, my sentiment had to reflect that. Again, I used different punches to make my sentiment layered panel using the scallop, 1 1/4", 1 3/8" circles,designer label and 1/2" circle punches. I used my white gel pen for some finishing touches and done!

I also paper pierced around the outside edges on the rhino panel.


Thanks for stopping by and if you have paint chips laying around, use them!!


Happy Stamping!!


~~~Ann~~~

1 comment:

Angel said...

This is cute! I like your stuff!