Friday, September 28, 2007

Wishes and More Wishes!!

Hello everyone!! I am completely blown away with all my Blog Candy entries and your wonderful compliments!! I love to visit different blogs and learn new tips or techniques I haven't tried. Thank you again for visiting my blog and your comments.

I have two creations for you today. I am still playing with my new Gina K. Designs stamp set and working on my sample for my class next Saturday.


As you know on Friday's it's Limited Supply Challenge day and Jen gave us a Halloween twist!! For this challenge you are to use a Halloween stamp with a non-Halloween sentiment or words. Since I only have one Halloween set, Booglie Eyes, I decided to use Dracula with the wishing you well sentiment from the Make A Wish set. How many Dracula's do you know who send well wishes?? LOL!

As with all the LSC challenges items need to be limited. We are to self-regulate the amount of embellishments, layers and such. On this card I used two different embellishments: wide black gingham and black button brads.

I stamped Dracula on WW textured in black staz on and used my Watercolor Wonder Crayons. I finished with sponging on the edges in Pumpkin Pie. Of course I had to put googly eyes on him!! The black scallop is the Marvy mega and I punched the holes with the 1/8" handheld punch.

On the Pumpkin Pie piece I used my crimper in the middle and then experimented with my ticket corner punch. I took off the guard and punched a reverse scallop on the ends and used the 3/16" handheld punch.

I used my distressor tool on the Old Olive panel and that's it! This was a quick and easy card to make.


My second card is for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. This week she had a File Folder card to make. Check it out her blog on my side bar.

For this I used the star cluster stamp from Make A Wish. I was going to watercolor my images, but as I was positioning cardstock and such, I thought about cutting out the stars in different pieces of cardstock. The star image panel is up on foam tape. I also used my color spritzer in Old Olive and sponged the edges in Only Orange. My base card is Only Orange, with a Wild Wasabi layer and textured pattern dp by K & Co.

I used twill tape as my wrap and this also keeps the card closed. However, I think the next one I make I will use sticky strip to keep the card closed and the ribbon will only be for added embellishment.

To make the stars on the front, I used SU!'s star punch to punch out two and then used my sponge in Only Orange to stencil them. The "NOW" is handwritten in Old Olive. My idea is this will be for someone who has graduated, gotten their first job, promotion or their dream job.

The insert is Wild Wasabi textured and WW. I stamped a saying from In My Thought's (SU!) and Make a wish!. I stamped the stars after coloring them with SU! markers. The roundtab punch piece is WW textured, sponged in Wild Wasabi and 3 punched stars on top.

I think I may have gone overboard on the stars!!! But I like the end result.


Happy Stamping!!


~~~Ann~~~




5 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Great job on Beate's challenge!

Anonymous said...

Really like the colors you used on the file folder :)

Anonymous said...

Alona Ann! I'm a newbie here. I love your work with Beate's challenge. I think all the stars look great! Mahalo for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Ann, I love your file folder card. It turned out great!!!
Thanks for trying it out! Hugs and smiles

Andrea, said...

Love your file card great colours