Saturday, September 29, 2007

A Pink Pillow Hello!!


For today's Inspiration challenge, Karen presented us with a square throw pillow in pinks and brown with butterflies on it. I was really drawn to this pillow since I love pink & brown together and the butterflies were just the icing on the cake!! Make sure to check out the IC link in the side bar.

I decided to use an old sketch challenge #141 (not to old), but for some reason I wasn't "feeling" the sketch that week, but right away I knew this sketch is what I needed for this card.

Most of the stamping and layering I did here is self explanatory. I used the butterfly from Garden Whimsy for my main image. I inked it in Pretty in Pink and used my Choc. Chip & Regal Rose markers to highlight the wings and body. Light sponging in choc. chip was done on the edges. For this sketch the main image panel is diamond shape and Roxie wanted us to keep it that, but I forgot as I was cutting cardstock so I improvised and used the Choc. Chip panel as my diamond. I distressed the edges on this panel with my distressor tool.

On the base card I used my Whimsy wheel in PIP for a light BG look. The WW textured strips were done using Seeing Spots in PIP, Choc. Chip and Regal Rose. I stamped the CC and RR off once so they didn't overwhelm the card.

I kept my embellishments simple since the pillow also has a simple look to it. One rhinestone square fire brad and silver brads, along with a strip of white taffeta ribbon tied with pink organdy. I really miss the organdy ribbon SU! had. The main image panel is up on dimensionals. I wasn't sure about putting a sentiment on here since that would mean another layer so I almost left it off, but I saw my Happy Hello (from the now retired AYC1) and knew that would be perfect!



Thanks for stopping by!!


Happy Stamping!!



~~~Ann~~~


No comments: