Thursday, August 23, 2007

Ways to Use It - Thursday 8/23




Good Afternoon everyone!!



For the Ways to Use It challenge today on SCS the challenge was to create a Halloween card! I have 4 already completed to send out to people, but one more wont hurt!! And, besides I received a delivery today from Mr. Brown and he brought me my neutrals textured cardstock!!! So I took my new Basic Grey and used that as my card base, and went from there. My patterned paper is from K&I Memories I found on clearance at one of my LSS. The colors are great for Halloween, but I've used this for non-Halloween cards as well. The rest of my supplies are all SU!, except for scallop square. I used the withch from Booglie Eyes, stamped in Black Staz-on and watercolored with my WCC. I love using those and I don't use them enough!! Once she was colored I used crystal effects to glue the googlie eyes on and then layered her on the Perfect Plum scallop square and then onto the Marigold Morning square, which I distressed with my cutter kit tool. The edges of the black strip are also distressed.


I used my Party Punch hostess set for the Happy Halloween stamp and then punched out with my Round Tab punch. What withch doesn't have a cat for her sidekick??


Too add a little bit of texture to my card I frayed two pieces of grosgrain; Elegant Eggplant and Pumpkin Pie. This is very easy to do. If you check out the New Techniques link on the side, you'll find a week that shows how this is done. This is a vertical cut/top fold style card.



Thanks for stopping by and get working on those Halloween cards!!!




Happy Stamping!!




Ann

No comments: