Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sketch Challenge Wednesday 8/22


Hello Stampers!!


Today is the sketch challenge on SCS! Roxie posted an awesome sketch for us, that I must say was a bit challenging for me!! I like straight forward measurements like, 1 1/2", 2" and so on!! This sketch called for odd measurements like, 2 1/8"!! Now we don't have to do the exact measurements, but for me it's easier.


On my card I chose to use SU!'s new Apple Cider dp, and since I have a workshop this weekend, I thought it would be nice to show my customers some ways to use the dp. This set of dp is awesome and offers a ton of possibilities. I used 3 different sides of the paper on here. The first is on the larger BG panel, and other two are on the smaller squares. The squares are actually one sheet of the Apple Cider dp, front & back. This also allowed me to bring in a small touch of another color, Wild Wasabi, to break up the Really Rust, Close to Cocoa, River Rock combo. I must also be on a distressing kick lately too, since I distressed almost all of the panels and then did DTP on some to add highlights. The little hedgehog is stamped on watercolor paper in Timber Brown staz-on and then watercolored with my Watercolor Wonder Crayons (WCC). I then went around the body and snipped away some spots to mimic the spikey hair. The Really Rust panel is up on dimensionals, the diamond panel is up on foam tape and the hedgehog is up with another dimensional.


I hope this gives you some inspiration to break out your dp and find ways to show as many sides as you can. I also have listed links on the side bar to each of the daily challenges on SCS for you to check out for yourself.


Happy Stamping and Thanks for stopping by!!


Ann

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh SO CUTE!!! I love that stamp!!! So beautiful!! keep up the amazing work! Hugs! Ash~

www.ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com