Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Two-for-One card!!!



Well, I haven't stamped in a few of days for a couple of reasons. One, I spent Monday with two of my good friends having lunch and shopping!! And next to stamping, shopping is my next favorite thing to do!! And secondly, I have been working on mailing some cards out to people who needed to receive some happy mail!!

I had every intention of stamping yesterday for the color challenge, but like many things in life, plans went awry!! So I was determined to stamp today with the sketch challenge and I combined the two to create the card you see.
When I saw the sketch Roxie chose for this week, I immediately knew I wanted to use Sweet Shapes. This sketch just seemed to call for it and I haven't used it in a while. The color combo which Emily chose for Tuesday was Purely Pomegranate, Pretty in Pink and Old Olive.
Again, I am still "distresser" obsessed and I used it on at least one layer of each panel. And since I wanted each panel to speak for itself, I did a slightly different look for each.
On the top panel I only rounded to corners and distressed the Pretty in Pink panel. The middle panel was stamped with a collage effect and the Old Olive panel was distressed. And just today I received my new scallop punch, and needed to make sure it was working ok!!, so I punched one in Old Olive and Pretty in Pink. The Purely Pomegranate circle is distressed on here. I used a medium Pink fire rhinestone brad in the middle of the flower. All panels are up on dimensionals.
I used the white and pink taffeta and Purely Pomegranate stitched ribbon on here. The hello oval is covering up my fist hello since I didn't like how it was showing up on the Shimmery White alone. So I stamped it in Purely Pomegranate, over stamped the swirl in Old Olive, after stamping off once, and punched out with the small oval.
This came together very quickly and easily. I really like how this turned out.
Thanks for stopping by! And don't forget you can reach each challenge forum on SCS by clicking on the link in side bar for the specific challenge you want.
Happy Stamping!!
~~~Ann~~~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great layout!! I really like those colors together. I would not have thought of that myself. Thanks for the super neat idea!!! I may have to try it out this weekend.
Debbie J.