Sunday, August 26, 2007

Inspiration Challenge 8/25





Hello Stampers!!
Each Saturday Karen posts a picture of some item, such as a bedspread, piece of clothing, dinnerware or artwork, to inspire us to creat beautiful cards! This week the inspiration was a piece of artwork and can be found in the IC forum. The link is on the right. I also used Beate's Friday sketch to make my card. I love this layout!! But I really like to use circles in my cards. You can check out Beate's blog by clicking on her link in the side bar.
While this card looks like a lot of work, it came together remarkably quickly. But when you already have a sketch prepared for you it makes thinks much easier!! For me the part I like the best, I think!, is the BG. The BG was done using the Doodle jumbo wheel which I first wheeled in Sage Shadow and then went over different parts with Real Red, More Mustard and Old Olive markers.
The flowers are from Close As A Memory and colored with the same markers and stamped onto VV. Again, because I cannot stand the glare off the VV, I stamped Linen in Barely Banana on first. After I stamped the flowers I outlined them with the Ruby Red marker for more definition. The flowers on the circles were lightly stamped off first then onto the VV.
And since I seem to be obsessed with distressing, I distressed the gold, Soft Sky and Real Red center panel and oval. Paper piercing is done on the red center strip and soft sky main image panel. The main image is up on thick foam squares and the oval sentiment panel is on foam tape. I used the Soft Sky double stiched ribbon and a piece of Mustard gg. The sentiment came from Vases in Vogue, Level 3 hostess set.


Again, I love how this turned out and I have a very special person in mind to send this too! She really needs to have some "Happy Mail" flooding her mailbox and I hope this gives her a bit of sunshine.

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Stamping!!

~~~Ann~~~

No comments: