Thursday, August 30, 2007

Get Sharpening!!



With pencil crayons that is!! The Ways to Use it challenge on SCS today is to use your pencil crayons. Any type, any manner. I decided to break out my Prismacolor pencils and finally use them. I've had them for quite awhile, but have not used them until today. I actually had to sharpen them before I could use them!!


On the Inky Antics turtle I used gamsol to help blend my colors. But I must say I need much more practice with this!! The colors just don't seem to blend very well for me.


The colors for the card came from the ribbon I used and just grew from there. I am currently working on another card using this ribbon, and this is the leftover piece. My base card is Not Quite Navy, layered with Old Olive and Whisper White, which has been stamped in Pretty in Pink in Linen and then spritzed with NQN and Old Olive markers. I then used my tag corner punch on the WW corner panel. Pewter brads finish off this piece.


The circles were punched using the Mary giga and super circles, along with the mega scallop punch. I used my distresser on the NQN circle and then punched with the 1/8" handheld punch around the scallop layer. I used my gel pen on the Pretty in Pink scallop for the dots.


The ribbon was my biggest challenge mostly due to the width, but I just loved the colors and how the ribbon matched SU! colors so well. I took a clear round button, punched a 1" circle from the Petals & Paisley dp (Old Olive side) and used Mono clear liquid glue to adhere. I then used a piece of Linen thread to pinch the ribbon together and help adhere the button to the ribbon. I brought a piece of linen thread up through the button holes which hooks to the thread piece underneath. I like how it turned out and the added texture it provides to the card!


The turtle image is raised up on thick foam squares and I also added small dimensionals under the button to help stabilize it. I added the sentiment in NQN ink, and I'm done!!


I kept this pretty simple because I am supposed to be working on samples for an upcoming Shoebox type event I am part of. We design the cards for the attendees and tomorrow night we will choose what cards to do. There are 6 of putting this event together and this is our second one. We also have a crop day held on the next day. Lot of work, but it's also lots of fun!! So I need to get more samples done as I only have one completed so far!!



Thanks for stopping by!!


Happy Stamping!!!


~~~Ann~~~

No comments: