Sunday, August 26, 2007

Limited Supplies 8/24

Hello All!!




Fridays are the Limited Supplies Challenge (LSC) on SCS. The forum thread can be found in side bar on the right. The theme for this week was Oldies but Goodies. We were to use 1 or 2 stamp sets which have not seen ink in a looong time, and old sketch challenge, an old color combo and 1 -2 embellishments. The embellies were to be items that tend to get hoarded!! Since I seem to have my sleep cycle all backwards, I was up really late Thursday and actually made 2 cards for this challenge. My first I wasn't completely satisfied with, but it has grown on me.








This card was made using Blossoms Abound, Floral BG, Warm Words and Canvas. None of these sets have seen ink in quite some time!! The Floral BG was stamped with Pretty in Pink and then speckled lightly with Always Artichoke, CC #65. The sketch I chose was SC#48, and you were to use ovals in any manner you chose. I used my Fiskars oval templates for the main image panel and the oval from the Aged Copper HPH. To reduce the glare of the WW, I very lightly stamped Sahara Sand on both oval pieces and then stamped the main images. The rest of the HPH is all Aged Copper, and I do tend to hoard this! Not sure why because I can't sell this to my customers if I don't demo it's uses!!


Distressing was done on the Bravo Burgundy and WW panels and then DTP to the WW panel with Burgundy. Once I had the sentiment panel on, I needed something in the upper right corner but couldn't decide on what. So I went with a second ribbon treatment and a small piece of burgundy gg to tie all the colors in together.


Now I do use ribbon quite a bit, but I have been hoarding this new WW taffeta and it's gorgeous!! The Floral BG panel is up on dimensionals, the main oval image is also up on dimensionals and the oval HPH is up on thick foam squares.



My second card came together much quicker and I was much happier with the end result when I finished.

The image is House Mouse and I've only used him twice now!!! Isn't he just the cutest?? My sentiment came from Everyday Flexible Phrases which I also haven't used in a while. Again, I used more Aged Copper HPH to demo the uses to my customers. My customers look at it in the catalog, but they aren't sure what to do with all of it. So with these two cards, and with others I've done, I can keep with me at workshops and show just how to use some of the items.

I used CC#41 and SC05 for this card. The dp is textured and from K&Co. The small strip on the center panel is So Saffron dp. My ribbon choices are Burgundy gg and the new Very Vanilla taffeta. I brought the layered ribbon up through the double swirl clip and then tied together. More distressing on the So Saffron piece and the middle center panel. House Mouse is stamped in Timber Brown staz on and watercolored with my WWC. Paper piercing done around the Saffron edge and in the four corners of the scalloped square.

I hope these give you some ideas for using items you may tend hoard!! Don't hoard them!! Use them to create beautiful and unique creations!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Stamping!!

~~~Ann~~~

No comments: