Sunday, May 17, 2009

GCA #41 - It's All Black & White!!



Hello all!!! Today is getting away from me as I work on laundry and finishing up my cards from VSN over on SCS!! I love playing in VSN, as the challenges are so unique and fun. That is how I came up with this week's challenge!!

One of the VSN challenges was to make a Black, White and Red card. No other colors, just those three. While for the GCA, I am changing it up just a bit, and allowing you to use any other color, just do so in MODERATION!! The primary focus of your card should showcase black & white.

On my sample I decided to make a simple thank you card. I love to make B&W cards, but they sometimes don't always turn out like I envision them!! But this one did! I pulled out my level 2 hostess set, A Little Somethin', which I haven't even used yet!!, to create a dramatic thank you card. I am sending this off to my best girlfriend as a thanks for letting me use her lake cottage for the weekend!

I made this with the Taste of Textiles Black linen and the satin white stripe. The stamped image is clear embossed, but it's not showing too well.

On the inside I used the leftover Top Note frame and used a piece of the Real Red textured to highlight the frame. I just love my Little Leaves sizzlit and will probably wear it out someday!!!

Again, I used my Daisies #2 die for the inside flower.

To be entered in the challenge drawing, make a card or project using Black, White and a touch of another color, upload it either to your blog, or to an online gallery and post a link to your card to this blog entry as a comment by May 23, 2009 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner through a random number generator and post the next Sunday.

Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenge and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it! If you upload your card on SCS, Stampin' Addicts or Paper Craft Planet, please put GCA41(NO SPACE IN BETWEEN GCA AND 41) in the keyword section. That way everyone can look at all of the creations at once! If you've been waiting to join in the fun, jump on in and have some fun!!


Happy Stamping!!!


~~~~Ann~~~~

5 comments:

raindropecho said...

Wonderful card! I just love the boldness of it, and thanks for the great challenge.

You can see my card here

The life of an ordinary girl said...

my card can be found at
www.starstampers.blogspot.com
Thanks
Brandy

Your card is great!!!

StampinCathy said...

Ann your card is just beautiful. Looks like you are getting more stampers to play.
Here's my card.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1352569?cat=500&ppuser=66979

Katie said...

I love your card!

Here's mine:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1355726?cat=10720

Vickilyn said...

I don't think I am in total compliance with your challenge - as it says in the post, but I figured I'd link it up anyway!

http://paperhugs.blogspot.com/2009/05/its-all-black-white.html

I forgot the extra color!!
Thanks for the inspiration!