Saturday, August 30, 2008

Let's Celebrate!!


Hello everyone!! The card I have for you today has special meaning for me! I created it using my 3 new, and FREE, sets from SU!!! How did I get 3 free sets you ask? Well, let me tell you.

I entered, and won, the August Stampin' Success contest entry: Tricks or Treats. For this category you were to create a 3-D Halloween project. At first I wasn't going to enter since the only SU! Halloween set I had was Booglie Eyes, and it's retired!
But, remember when I did the Bag in a Box tutorial? After I created my 2 samples for here, I thought this would be a neat project done for Halloween! Actually, for any holiday this project is great. But I still needed a Halloween stamp set, so I called one of my sideline demos, Judy T., and asked her if I could borrow her Batty for You set. I so wanted to order this set last year when it came out, but I had Booglie Eyes and I didn't need 2 Halloween sets.

Now I can't post a pick of my winning project, yet, but I will after the October SS is out later in September. I must say I about fell off my office chair when I read the email from SU! stating I had won!

So, what sets did I win? I choose 2 brand new Fall-Winter sets and one that just came out in the Spring-Summer book.

* Flower Fancy

* On Your Birthday

* Frames with a Flourish

All three sets were used on this card, along with SC190 and CC180 -Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa & Blush Blossom and WT180 - All Torn Up.

I started with the Blush Blossom piece from stash that was already stamped with Canvas in Close to Cocoa and then followed the sketch. To cover up the dividing line of the Ruby Red/Blush Blossom piece, I used a strip of Blush Blossom and my scallop edge punch on each side to create the ruffled look. I then layered it with a piece of white taffeta.

I just love how the sentiment fits just right into the circle frame, which fits in the 1 3/8" circle punch!! And yes, I cut out all those flowers and leaves to make this!

I hope you enjoy and am inspired to create your winning projects!!


Happy Stamping!!


~~~Ann~~~

1 comment:

StampinCathy said...

Congrats Ann!! How exciting to win from all the entries and to win not 1 but 3 stamp set of your choice. I can't wait to see your 3D project. Your card is so pretty and love the colors.