Thursday, August 28, 2008

Have a Witching Halloween - Oh My!!


Hello everyone!!! While I've been busy stamping this week, I haven't had time to upload anything!!! Tonight I have 1 of the cards to show you using a new set from Treehouse Stamps!!

This is for Ashley's Brainwave Wednesday Challenge she does every week. And yes I realize it's Thursday, but I finished this up last night and was just too tired to post it!!!

I used the Creepy Crawly set, which is available now from Treehouse Stamps. This is an adorable Halloween set with great sentiments and images. BWC20 this week was a sketch, and to see that sketch check out Ashley's blog!

I went with CC181 this week of Kraft, Rose Red & Black. I wasn't sure how this would turn out for a Halloween card, but I like it! I stamped my witch's hat in Black Staz on and used the "Out of the Box" technique to show it off more. Not sure how well you can see, but I also cut out the spider's legs! Look real close! I also stamped the hat again onto Rose Red dsp and cut out the larger circles and glued them onto the hat. I used my gel pen to color in the smaller circles. I then used my white gel pen on the black bottom piece to make my "Faith dots"!

The bat was stamped onto Rose Red cardstock, cut out and adhered using foam tape. The entire main image panel is up on dimensionals.

The swirled background is a small stamp with this set, and I just stamped it several times until I liked the coverage. I did "stamp off" once onto scrap paper and then stamped my card, in Rose Red ink.

I also am using up retired SU! ribbon, which is the polka dotted Pomegranate on here. The sentiment was stamped "full strength" in Rose Red and the star was stamped in black stazon onto Rose Red dsp.

Don't forget about this week's CGA! I'd love to see your creative idea based on the bedding!


Happy Stamping!!


~~~Ann~~~

2 comments:

The life of an ordinary girl said...

Ann,
What a cute card
Brandy

StampinCathy said...

This is just to cute for a Halloween card. I love the color combo andy layout.