Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July America!!!!


Hello my fellow stampers and I hope this finds everyone having a safe and enjoyable day!! Here in Jackson, MI we experiencing a gloriously beautiful day of sunshine and just right temps! That has happened here in a few years.

For LSC175 on SCS today we are incorporating the 4th literally!! Judy is the guest hostess and her challenge for us is to us only four colors; Red, White and Blue (she counted the and), no more than four layers of cardstock and only four embellishments or speciality tools.

WOW!, did I have to think on this one, but I love how this came together. I knew right away I wanted to use Bayou Blue, Ruby Red and River Rock along with my White. I love how well Bayou Blue and Ruby Red go together and River Rock fits perfectly as my fourth color.

I chose to use my American Dream set from Treehouse Stamps since it embraces the holiday so well. I stamped my kids in black staz on and colored them with my SU! markers. They were stamped on watercolor paper. Once I was done, I used my ink pad lids of Soft Sky and Cert. Celery to brush on the sky and grass with a watercolor brush. The firecrackers were stamped with Summer Sun and punched out with the 1/2" circle punch and raised up with a dimensional.

My BG white layer was ran through the CB with the Distressed Stripes folder using the Cuttlebug Smoosh technique. The scallop circle was punched in River Rock and layered with a white circle and the sentiment stamped in Ruby Red. I used Summer Sun around the edges.

The final step was running the River Rock stitched ribbon around the top and tying a knot with the River Rock & Blue Bayou stitched and white taffeta. The main image panel and sentiment circle are all up on dimensionals. Judy said they counted as adhesives!!

Happy Stamping everyone!!!


~~~Ann~~~

No comments: