Friday, December 31, 2010

Playdate Goes Western!!


Hello all!!!  Here we are at the end of 2010!  Kind of hard to believe that in 24 hours, or less, we will be starting a New Year!  Do you have your resolutions ready?  And can you keep them for more than a day??? LOL!!

Today I have 2 cards for you that I created using my newest set, Out West.  This set is perfect for any and all male cards.  And, if you are like me, those are not the easiest to create!!  Both of these cards actually started, and were completed, with scraps/leftovers on my craft table.

Each card uses pretty much the same supplies, just in different ways.  The background piece is what started it.  This was left from the strips I used on my reindeer scrapbook page.  It's rolled with the Rough Texture wheel in Crumb Cake and stamped with the Sanded bg in Choc. Chip.


What I really want to point out are the techniques on the two cards.  On the first card, I used the out-of-the-box technique with the horse and cowboy.  Normally I would leave a little more of the base card, but every time I placed it on the square layers it looked liked just a little more needed to come off!!!  I do like how the cowboy and horse seem to really be coming off the card!  They were colored using my aquapainter and stamp pad lids.  Once dry, I went over some of the highlighted areas with my markers.


On the second card I used the "Depth of Field" technique I learned from Technique Junkies.  You have to look very carefully, but the horseshoe is there, stamped in So Saffron.  Then the cowboy hat in Old Olive and the steer in Choc. Chip.  Not sure how many cowboys wear green boots, but it certainly does make the boot pop off the card!!  The felt ribbon is from last year's holiday mini and the baby safety pin came from a recent clothing purchase.  It was just sitting on my craft table and tried it on here.  I like how it looks on here.  This will be my card for my supervisor who is retiring in April.  Since he likes "cowboy coffee" I thought this set was appropriate!!


I'm also entering both of these in Shelli's monthly So Shelli contest.  This month is focused on techniques!

Happy Stamping!!!

~~~Ann~~~

3 comments:

RuthieB said...

Ann!!! I love that! The Play Date DSP is perfect for this set!!!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Love this card. your pictures are great and I love the close up of the cowboy!!

Anonymous said...

These cards are just gorgeous. This is the first time I have seen this DSP used that has made me think I might need to buy it. Lovely work.