Monday, December 6, 2010

GCA #115 - The Colors of Christmas!!!


Hello all!!!  Did you think I forgot??  I really didn't didn't, but I got pulled away by two very adorable and lovable little boys yesterday!!!  However, on to the stamping today!!

This week the focus is on the colors of Christmas.  Traditional colors, like:

RED
GREEN
GOLD

You may use any combination of these colors, or or just one, but your creations for this week must include one of the colors above.  Of course, neutrals may be added as needed.

The card I have to show you today covers 4 different challenges!!!!  The first is CC299 on SCS.  The colors are Real Red, River Rock and Old Olive.  The second is SC309 on SCS.  The sketch calls for a square card and I went with it!!  The finished size is 5.5 x 5.5.  This is one large card!!  The third is for Shelli's monthly challenge on her blog, So Shelli.  She is the co-founder of SU!  The challenge this month is techniques.  And of course, the fourth is for the GCA!


Most of the details are pretty obvious, but I want to talk about the techniques I did on here.  The most obvious is the Torn Frame technique I learned from the Technique Junkies.  It really is easy to do and makes a wow for your images.  Another one, and one of my favorite, is watercoloring with my Watercolor Wonder Crayons!!  I used my blender pen to pull off the color from the crayon and onto the image.

It's a little difficult to see, but I used the Champagne Mist shimmer paint for the tree ornaments and around the scallops on the sentiment.  I used my stylus, dipped it into the paint and then dotted the shimmer paint where I wanted it.  The background dsp is from Presto Patterns, which I highlighted with Real Red and River Rock.

And the last technique on here is the hot new trend with ribbon: scrunching/ruffling!  This is so much fun to do and very easy once you get the hang of it!  When you give it a try, be prepared though, because you do use more ribbon than you think you will!!!  The bow was tied using my bow-maker.

Upload your creation to either your blog or to an online gallery and post a link to your creation to this blog entry by December 11, 2010 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner the next day. If you upload your card to SCS, PaperCraft Planet, Stampin' Addicts, Stampin' Connection (for SU! demos) or Stamp TV, please put GCA115 in your keywords. That way everyone can see all of the wonderful creations at once!

Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenges and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it! And yes, my challenge is open to everyone who visits, even if you live outside the US!



Happy Stamping!!!!

~~~Ann~~~~

10 comments:

Stacy Walker said...

Very cute card. Here is my entry

Made by Mandy said...

Hi Ann,

Not been doing the challenges since early this year and a lot have stopped doing them. Nice to see that you're still here :)

Here's my entry for this challenge.

http://amandacruxton.blogspot.com/2010/12/merry-christmas-puddykat.html

Have a great Christmas xxx

Ann said...

Here's my card:
http://creativeantics.blogspot.com/2010/12/silent-night.html

JanR said...

Hey Ann, love that torn frame technique.

Here is my card.

Anonymous said...

Here's my entry
http://peachcrate.blogspot.com/2010/12/another-bear-with-christmas-wreath.html

Mary said...

Here is my card.

Hazel said...

My card is here x

Yogi said...

here's my entry. Thanks for looking
http://yogiemp.blogspot.com/2010/12/mc-dec-rosette-smile.html

Jessica L said...

Wow! That distressing looks awesome! I've never had the guts to do so much distressing, but now I'm definitely going to have to try it! Here's my card. http://snugbug-mycraftblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/character-cafe-christmas-tree-card.html

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I saw this on the TJ yahoo group and had to come over. What a darling card. Fabulous job with the torn frames technique.