Sunday, November 21, 2010

GCA #113 - The Colors of Fall!!



Hello all!!!  Another wonderful Sunday afternoon spent with my stampin friends.  This was the second in a two class series to complete Christmas cards.  I'll post pics of them soon.

Since this is the last full week of November, and Thanksgiving is Thursday, I thought we would focus on the beautiful colors of fall.  Most of the color is gone from Michigan now, but I still like these colors.

For your creation this week you need to include at least one of the following colors:

BROWN
GREEN
ORANGE/RED
YELLOW

You can use any color variation of these colors, I'm just listing the "general" colors.

My card I created for a "wonderful friend" of mine who is very dear to me!!  She is also having a bit of a difficult time and I just want her to know that she's in my thoughts.  This also uses the colors from the CC295 over on SCS of: Cajun Craze, Peach Parfait and Early Espresso.

My card base is Espresso layered with Peach Parfait dsp.  The Cajun Craze was punched with the double ribbon punch.  The sentiment panel is Very Vanilla and stamped in Cajun Craze.  I also sponged the edges with Cajun Craze.

I was playing around with the new cork sheets and my big shot, so that is how the leaves ended up on here.  The other leaves are punched from Wild Wasabi using the 2 step bird punch.  The Wild Wasabi piece was ran through with the Lattice Square die.  A piece Chantilly lace and some tiny pearls, finishes it off!!

The sketch is from Stampin' Connection, SCCSC38.

Upload your creation to either your blog or to an online gallery and post a link to your creation to this blog entry by November 27, 2010 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner the next day. If you upload your card to SCS, PaperCraft Planet, Stampin' Addicts, Stampin' Connection (for SU! demos) or Stamp TV, please put GCA113 in your keywords. That way everyone can see all of the wonderful creations at once!


Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenges and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it! And yes, my challenge is open to everyone who visits, even if you live outside the US!


Happy Stamping!!!!


~~~Ann~~~~

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

I have an entry for you here

http://jeanette-h20creations.blogspot.com/2010/11/give-thanks.html

Jeannette Siciliani said...

Love the colors, and theme of your card. Fall is my favorite time of year.

Hazel said...

Lovely card, Ann - very classy. My card is here x

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Hi Ann, another fab challenge, here's my entry:
http://susanscraftychaos.blogspot.com/2010/11/worst-pies-in-london.html