Thursday, November 11, 2010

Caffeine is a Vitamin - DIC121!!


Hello all and Happy Thursday!!!  And Happy Vetrans Day to all of our vetrans, past and present!  Without you this country would not be the safe haven we all love.  Thank you.

This week on the UDI blog Inspiration challenge, Maria provided us a picture of a yummy cup of coffee/lattee.  Either one I'm good with!!  So, I decided to pull out my Morning Cup set, which I HAD to have, and decided to ink it up!

The card base is Very Vanilla, layered with Soft Suede and then dsp from the Blueberry Crisp set.  On here it kind of reminded me of vintage wallpaper.

The large scallop circle is cut from the scallops #2 die in Marina Mist.  The smaller one, is punched from the 2 3/8" scallop punch.  The Very Vanilla image layer is punched with the 1 3/4" circle punch.

Lots of dimension going on here too.  The Soft Suede center strip, and each of the scallop circles are popped up.

I stamped the cups in brown staz on and watercolored them with my aquapainter and ink from the stamp lids.  It's hard to see, but on two of the cups I used my white gel pen for some highlights.  I used the Soft Suede ink pad directly on the circle layer for shading.

A piece of Chantilly lace and Vanilla Seam Binding and some stick on pearls, and we're done!

The sketch is this week's SCS306 over on Splitcoast.

Don't forget to check out the UDI Blog for rest of the design team cards!!

Happy Stamping!!

~~~Ann~~~

3 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

Very pretty! Lots of great embellishments and love popped up images! :)

Kristie W. said...

Fun card, LOVE the sentiment!!

Jeannette Siciliani said...

Love this card! I'm a coffee addict... I agree with Kristie, what a fun card. Would be great for Christmas with a gift card inside to Starbucks!