Sunday, November 7, 2010

GCA #111- Recycle, Recycle!!!



Hello all!!!  Sorry for the late posting.  I am currently out of town and have very limited internet access.  Anyway, if I had planned better, I would have had this ready!!!  LOL!!

This week we are focusing on recycling.  And by that, I mean re-using something you have in your craft room, or house, that wouldn't normally be used in crafting!

For example, on my card for this week, the lattice square was cut from the brown wrapping paper that comes in my SU! orders.  I crumpled it up before I ran it through the Big Shot and then tried to "lightly" glue it onto the card front.  I like how it doesn't overtake the card, but lets the rest of the items show off.

I used the new SU! fabric, Deck the Halls, cut with the Tasteful Trim die.  I cut several pieces and I am going to put together a set of Christmas cards using the rest of it.  When I get back home I will add the Christmas sentiment.  The card base is Soft Suede textured.

The flowers are with the new Paper Dasies, love them!!!  The smaller one was colored with the Cherry Cobbler pad using a sponge dauber.  You have to be very careful when doing that, as the name implies, they are paper!!!  The button comes from the Deck the Halls buttons in the holiday mini.  I used the Itty Bitty flower punch to put in the center and topped it with a stick on pearl.  For my "leaf"  I used a piece of the Always Artichoke seam binding.  It is sooo smooth!!!  The entire flower is popped up with dimensionals.

Upload your creation to either your blog or to an online gallery and post a link to your creation to this blog entry by November 13, 2010 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner the next day. If you upload your card to SCS, PaperCraft Planet, Stampin' Addicts, Stampin' Connection (for SU! demos) or Stamp TV, please put GCA111 in your keywords. That way everyone can see all of the wonderful creations at once!
Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenges and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it! And yes, my challenge is open to everyone who visits, even if you live outside the US!

Happy Stamping!!!!

~~~Ann~~~~

7 comments:

Priyanka said...

ur card is very beautiful and very clever use of recycling thing, I also used some useless wrist watch battery as my Kitchen oven switch.so here is my card

http://priyankascreations.blogspot.com/2010/11/kitchen-inspired-by-kitchen.html

Hazel said...

my card is here x

Priyanka said...

no friend ur package is still not arrived, its really heart breaking,thank u for ur fabulous comment on my card.

Lesley said...

Great challenge, I had just the perfect tin to recycle.

http://ourscrappylife.blogspot.com/2010/11/tutorial-wednesday-at-bugaboo.html

Beth aka BR-T said...

Lovely card Ann! Here is my layout salvaging what what left after my pup ate my sons backpack!

http://inkyfingersrule.blogspot.com/2010/11/hello-all-its-time-for-fun-color.html

Jeanette said...

Hi Ann, my card is here

http://jeanette-h20creations.blogspot.com/2010/11/it-took-me-days-to-get-this-card.html

Irit Shalom said...

As a recycle lover I love this challenge
Here is my page- recycles transparency from stamp package, recycled necklace and earring

http://iritshalom.blogspot.com/2010/11/southernmost-point-key-west-lo.html