Thursday, October 14, 2010

Vintage Birthday Parfaits - DIC117



Hello all!!  What a week this week!  Seems like all I have been doing is running and getting no where!  Ever have any of those days?

Well it's Thursday again and time for another UDI Inspiration challenge.  Check out the UDI Blog for the birthday inspired picture.  I may have strayed slightly from the inspiration piece, but this is where I felt moved to go.

All of the pieces I used on here were scraps, either laying on my craft table or in my stash!  I just started putting pieces together and this is where it ended!  I am really pleased with how it came out.

I started with a Very Vanilla card base, folded for a top opening.  I layered a piece of Peach Parfait, cut at 3 3/4" x 5" to give it a "frame" around the card base.  Next I layered that with a piece of Newsprint dsp, which I ran through the Perfect Polka Dots eb folder and then ran the Peach Parfait ink pad over.  It shows up better than I thought it would.

I used one of my favorite new sets, Artistic Etchings on here.  This set is so fabulous for making vintage, eclectic or collage type of cards.  It took a couple of variations before I wound up with final look mostly because I didn't want to cover up too much of anything!  Especially the yummy new black lace trim from the Holiday mini!  I sooo hope we get more of that!!!

The medallion was stamped onto the new cork sheets and then cut out.  I stamped it in Black staz on.  I really like how it shows up on the cork.  If you don't have any of those yet, you need some!!  I backed a Paper Daisy on it and used one of the new Antique Brads in the center.

The rest of the images are pretty self explanatory.  I used the new black jewels on the crown.  Lots of dimension going on here too!!!

Don't forget to check out the UDI Blog to check out he rest of the team member's creations!


Happy Stamping!!!!

~~~Ann~~~

4 comments:

carolm said...

awesome card annie. there is so much to it, but not overwhelming. love it. xox

Maria Williams :) said...

wow! I love it - funny, I first thought of using this set too, but then decided to do cupcakes.
Great job!

Jeannette Siciliani said...

Beautiful! I just got this stamp set, so I appreciate the inspiration. Love it!

Priyanka said...

This are extraordinary,wow.