Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy thanksgiving - DIC118


Hello all!!!  Here we are at Thursday again.  We are still experiencing some gorgeous weather here in Michigan.  I'm lovin it!!  The colors have pretty much reached their peak, but we still have some late bloomers!!!

The UDI inspiration piece this week is a pirate ship.  Reminds me of the one from Pirates of the Caribbean, how adorable is Johnny Depp???????  So I looked at and thought of Thanksgiving.

My layout comes from the Clean and Simple site and the FTL112.  I really love the look of CAS, but I always have such a hard time with it!  I just want to keep adding and adding!!!  I really tried to limit myself on this and I think I did ok.  For me, this card is clean and simple and took me around 30 minutes to do!

My card base is 4 1/2" square of Very Vanilla top folded.  I used the awesome Autumn Spice dsp, from the Holiday Mini, and ran it through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice folder.  After, I rubbed the Mahogany and Tea Stain spots from the Distressing Essentials Kit.  I layered in on Early Espresso and distressed the edges.  Three of the new glimmer brads in the corner finishes it off.

The flower is the largest one in the new Paper Daises layered with a Pumpkin die and and leaf cut from the new cork sheets.  Some twine around the ends, and it's good.  I stamped the "Paris" stamp from French Foliage in Early Espresso.  This all has lots of dimensionals on it!

Happy Stamping!!!!

~~~Ann~~~

3 comments:

carolm said...

this is sooo cute annie. but i'm trying to grasp the pirates and thanksgiving connection. :) love the use of the cork and lattice on the dsp. xox

Unknown said...

I love this card Ann - so pretty and a great combo of elements!

Maria Williams :) said...

Great accents! I love how you combined everything and it flows so well. Even though it is a CAS card, it is still very dressed up. :)