Sunday, February 15, 2009

GCA #29 - You've Been Framed!


Hello all!!! I hope everyone who desired it, had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday!! Personally, I stayed home, stamped and cuddled with my fur babies!!

For this week's GCA, we are framing, some or all, of images on your creation!!! As you can see in both of my samples, I framed only the main image. If you want to make a larger frame to fit you whole card, go for it!! As long as somewhere on your card there is a framed image!

My first sample is inspired by IC167 - which is a wonderful collection of artful bras!!! Anyway, I started playing around with my newest goodies: Trendy Trees and Good Morning Sunshine dsp and this is what I came out with! The layout is this week's sketch challenge on PCP. I think I may have stretched my interpretation on the IC this week, but I just love how this came out!! Actually, I took inspiration from two of the bras, Thelma and Louise and Hooters. They both have owls on them, and while my card doesn't use owls, I did use the dsp of blue birds! You can find the pictures here: http://www.quiltersofsc.org/artfullbras/artfullbras.htm

My scallop lace square started out as an attempt to make a larger square as Julie Buhler has shown on her blog. Didn't work so I went to plan B!! I used a 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" square and cut out a frame. I liked how the leftover frame looked so I set it aside for a future project, but in the end I used here!! It is popped up with dimensionals, as is the tree top and the bird. And yes, I cut that little bird from the dsp!!!



And as you can see, I did do the inside of my card as well!!

My second sample is actually on of the cards we made in club this month, minus the frame! As I was attempting to follow Julie's video I was playing with a leftover piece of Ruby Red. Again, I need to practice a lot more before I have this figured out!! But once I finished with my Trendy Trees card, I thought it would be neat to add the frame to my Little Birdie card. I really like how this sets off the bird, especially in the diamond shape!



You DO NOT have to use a edge punch to cut out your frame. Any type of frame will do. Use your square or round punches, coluzzle or other type of cutting system.

To be entered in the challenge drawing, make a card with a framed image, upload it either to your blog, or to an online gallery and post a link to your card to this blog entry as a comment by February 20, 2009 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner through a random number generator and post the next Saturday or Sunday.
Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenge and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it!If you upload your card on SCS, or Paper Craft Planet, please put GCA29(NO SPACE IN BETWEEN GCA AND 29) in the keyword section. That way everyone can look at all of the creations at once! If you've been waiting to join in the fun, jump on in and have some fun!!


Happy Stamping!!!


~~~Ann~~~

7 comments:

Oliva Ohlson said...

Great challenge! I love your cards. You've added so much detail and hope I can come close to it!

StampinCathy said...

Love your take on the challenge. I just love both your cards. The colors are just fabulous and love the details you added to both of them and the inside of the card is just so cool. I will be trying this challenge.

The life of an ordinary girl said...

Ann
I love the first card, it's great. I didn't like the way the paper looked in the book and probably never would of ordered it but now I just might give it a try.
Brandy

StampinCathy said...

Ann thanks for another wonderful challenge.
Here is my card:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1239124?cat=500&ppuser=66979

Anonymous said...

Great cards! One day I am going to join in with you. Hugs.

The life of an ordinary girl said...

Ann
here is my card for this week either at www.starstampers.blogspot.com or

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1243029?cat=500&ppuser=85110

Thanks much
Brandy

Oliva Ohlson said...

I hope I made the deadline! I was gone all day! Here's mine:
http://olivascreativequest.blogspot.com/2009/02/happiness-always.html