Sunday, February 8, 2009

GCA 28 - Sale - A - Brate in style!!!


Hello all!! As many of you know, during February and March of this year Stampin' Up! is hosting their annual Sale-A-Bration!!! During this period for every $50 you spend you receive your choice of 6 limited time items.

So for this week's GCA we are going to Sale-A-Brate, or Celebrate, however it works for you!!
For your card/project your them must be a theme of celebration! For example, congrats, new baby, new job or birthday. Any type of event that would require a celebration. If you have any of the SAB sets please use them on your creation, but DO NOT need them to participate!! As long as your card is celebrating some type of event, that is all you need!!

For my sample I combined two new sets; Dream A Little (level 3 hostess) and Congrats from SAB 2009. I also combined this with this week's FS: KDunbrook AKA Karen!! The card I chose to case can be found here. I've been wanting to try the patchwork style with my Top Note, and this gave me the perfect opportunity!!

The flower is from Dream a Little which I stamped the solid in So Saffron and the outline in Versamark/Sahara Sand and then clear embossed. The middle part of the flower is a second piece, cut out and popped up. Again, using the Delicate Dots dsp for my background and the Congrats set from the SAB mini!! Congrats is stamped in white craft and embossed with white ep. The ribbon is part of the Ribbon Bundle from SAB.

My "leaves" are from the Sweetest Stems embosslit. A filigree flower brad with a yellow fire circle rhinestone is the topper!! I then used my white gel pen around the edges of the Bashful Blue panel for the finishing touch! All of my colors I used today were pulled from the Delicate Dots dsp. Love that paper!!


On the inside I used a strip of So Saffron punched with the new Scallop Lace edge punch (LOVE IT!) and strip of the Delicate Dots dsp on top!! I can't believe that I've just recently been paying more attention to the inside of my cards!! They deserve some love too!!

To be entered in the challenge drawing, make a card with the focus of CELEBRATING, upload it either to your blog, or to an online gallery and post a link to your card to this blog entry as a comment by February 13, 2009 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner through a random number generator and post the next Saturday or Sunday.

Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenge and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it!If you upload your card on SCS, or Paper Craft Planet, please put GCA28(NO SPACE IN BETWEEN GCA AND 28) in the keyword section. That way everyone can look at all of the creations at once! If you've been waiting to join in the fun, jump on in and have some fun!!

Happy Stamping!!

~~~Ann~~~

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I am going to play today!! :) What a fun challenge and easy too...I HOPE!

Oliva Ohlson said...

Thank you for the challenge!
Here's mine:
http://olivascreativequest.blogspot.com/2009/02/hunky-dory-cupcake.html