Friday, November 16, 2007

Simply Thanks from the Heart

Hello fellow stampers!! Fridays mean Limited Supply Challenge over on SCS! For this challenge you have to follow the list, which is:

A) Use 2-3 stamps - one should be a heart image or sentiment.
B) Choose one designer paper pattern OR one embellishment.
C) Choose one specialty tool. (Optional)
D) Limit the layers.
E) Use any coloring tools.

On my card I used exactly 3 stamps: 2 hearts and a sentiment from Simply Said. This is the set I thought of immediately after I read the first "rule"! And since this set is a 2 step stampin' set, it took up 2 stamps right off the top. I wanted to use Linen on the Only Orange layer, but I couldn't.

The layout I used came from the new Paper Crafts magazine I received today. It is the January recipe 2 on page 30. I opted for an embellishment instead of dp because of the layout. This gives the feeling of a hanging picture on your card. I used Vanilla wide grosgrain.

My speciality tool I used is the Martha Stewart scallop border punch I recently bought. I love how this looks when completed.

My color scheme came from a card I saw on SCS using Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie and Cool Caribbean. I really miss Cool Caribbean, but I stocked up on it as much as I could in June!! I used Chocolate Chip textured here.

I really did limit my layers on this card. Actually the hardest part of this card was running the ribbon through the front image. Overall this card probably took me 30 minutes to make.

Take care and Happy Stamping!!!

~~~Ann~~~

No comments: