Sunday, November 11, 2007

Featured Stamper Sunday - Stampowl!


Hello my fellow stampers!! Today is FS day on SCS. Beth chose Stampowl aka Frances for the honor this week. If you have time stop on over to SCS and check out FS40 for the link to her gallery. Frances has some unique and beautiful cards. The card I chose to CASE she made from Sissix dies, but I used a stamp set. You can see her card here: 1st Birthday Card.

The changes I made are:

*Stamp set instead of Sissix dies - I used Zoofari

*Colors - I used Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky, Ruby Red and Naturals White (This weeks Color Challenge)

*Sponged my sky and made clouds with cutouts

*Added the photo corners and brads

*Kept mine a birthday card, but changed the sentiment

Now for some details about the card. I made my grass my cutting small snips in the cardstock and then just fanned them out.

The rhino and zebra were first stamped in black craft and then embossed with black ep. I used my watercolor wonder crayons to color them in. The monkey was stamped in Chocolate Chip and colored with the WWC as well. It seems every time I use this set that little guy somehow makes onto the card!! He's a scamp!

The birds were colored with the Ruby Red marker omitting the legs so they look they are flying. I distressed the edges of the Soft Sky base and I'm done!

I had fun making this card as it will be for my nephew for his birthday. As he has a twin sister, I will make another but in girly colors for her.

Take care and Happy Stamping!!!


~~~Ann~~~

No comments: