Friday, November 23, 2007

Christmas Cards Galore!!!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving Day yesterday!!! I spent the day with my son's girlfriend's family, and talk about the food her mom made!!! I think I gained 10lbs!!! And how many of you ventured out for Black Friday shopping today?? Not me! I've done that for many years and it gets a little tiresome after awhile. I am going out after I post this, but to Home Depot to look at items for my soon to be completed new Stamp Room!!!!!! Besides I have a lot of my Christmas shopping done. On to the cards!! All 4 cards I have to show you are Christmas cards as I am working on completing them with each of the SCS challenges I do.


The first card is for the color challenge this week of Wild Wasabi, Pretty in Pink and Shimmery White.

I've wanted to try the layout of the card on the front cover of the November Paper Crafts mag, and so that is what I did for this card. The sample card did not have a sentiment on it and is regular size, but I made mine 5" square and added a sentiment. I wanted to keep the angular feel of the main image panel with the sentiment panel so I only punched 3 corners with the tag corner punch. I used Wild Wasabi textured for the card base.




My second card is for Sketch Challenge 151. A very simple, and easily reproducible layout, for this week. For the main image I used my Cuttlebug snowflakes folder and did the Cuttlebug Smoosh technique from the Oct/Nov '07 Technique Junkies newsletter. A very fun and easy technique to do!

I used Pretty in Pink textured as my base, Cranberry Crisp (need to use this up!) and white from PaperTrey. This paper is heavier and embosses great! My ink I used on the snowflakes is the Cotton Candy spectrum pad.

The main image snowflake and sentiment were stamped in silver metallic and embossed in silver. I did tool distressing on the Cranberry panel edges. Faux brads punched from silver cardstock complete it!




The third card is for Ways to Use It 141 - Faux Stitching. I have some card bases left from last Christmas I found and so I am using those up as well!!

My faux stitching is done with the x's from All In A Row in black craft. Beate does this all the time, and I have tried it a few times with so, so results, but this time I think they came out pretty good! I used Dashing dp on here along with Always Artichoke and Naturals Ivory.

My flower is from Time Well Spent, a new level 3 hostess set coming out in the Spring/Summer 08 catalog. This was gift to demos from SU! How sweet was that!!

My intent here was to create the look of a poinsettia, or a Christmas type flower, and I think I did ok. I used my Bravo Burgundy marker on the outside edges and a blender pen to draw the color into the flower. I did the same thing on the leaves.

A few buttons and some ribbon and this card is done!!!


My fourth, and last card, is for Limited Supplies challenge 141 - Sensational Snowflakes. For this challenge you could only use snowflakes, one sentiment, main colors had to be neutrals, one embellishment, one speciality tool and just a touch of color.

I decided to go with the blacks and grays, just to see how they would look in this combo. Again, I did the Cuttlebug Smoosh with the snowflakes folder using Going Gray ink. Some wide white gg and a touch of blue taffeta, and it's done!!


Well I'm off to Home Depot and such for items I NEED for my new stamp room!!




Take care and Happy Stamping!!



~~~Ann~~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! That first card is outstanding!! I really like the design. The others are great too, but there is just something about that first one.
Thanks for sharing....sounds like your stamp room is going to be nice.
Debbie J.

Kim Etherington said...

I love the pink and silver snowflake card. I saw that today on scs. Thanks for all the kind comments on my cards. I'm going back to look at the rest of your blog.
Kim