Sunday, October 7, 2007

One Touch of Nature

Hello everyone!! It's Sunday once again and that means Featured Stamper day on SCS!! This week's FS is Anna Wight AKA SweetMissDaisy. She has an amazing gallery of beautifully watercolored images and creations. She is one talented artist! If you haven't already check out the FS challenge on SCS today!

Since I finally broke down and ordered Touch of Nature, I really wanted to use that set on my FS card. Well Anna has a card with this set in her gallery that I just fell in love with!! Usually when I pick out a FS card to CASE, I am looking at the different layouts used and then I change the other elements, like the stamp set, colors and so on. However, when I found this card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/231241?cat=500&ppuser=53903 I just knew this was the one I wanted to do.

Here's what I changed:

*Colors - Basic and Going Gray reg and Basic Gray textured, WW text., Pretty in Pink, Rose Red dp

*Added an additional layer under the main BG panel and used Linen BG stamp on WW panel

*Distressed the Going Gray and Pretty in Pink edges with the distressor tool

*Used dp on my middle layer on the image panel

*Placed two non SU! gray brads in opposite corners

*Used the sentiment from Touch of Nature, layered it and placed it in a different spot

*Used a pewter swirl clip and Pomegranate satin ribbon

*Used white/gray fibers on bottom of image panels

On the WW BG panel I stamped Linen in Going Gray after stamping off once first. The fern leaf was stamped in Going Gray and then stamped over the Linen. All of the WW panels are sponged with Going Gray.

The bird was watercolored with my Watercolor Wonder Crayons. Both the sentiment and image panels are up on foam tape.


Thanks for looking and stopping by!!


Happy Stamping!!


~~~Ann~~~


No comments: