Friday, October 26, 2007

Kindred Spirits & More!!


Hello fellow stampers!!

I have some creations to finally share with you!! My first card is from last Wednesday's SC (10-17-07). I placed an order with PaperTrey and bought some of their white cardstock. Talk about heavy and durable cardstock!! This is perfect for using as a base card. I will still continue to use my SU! white for stamped images and such, but SU!'s white is rather light to use for a base card. On this card I used Garden Silhouettes as my focal image and went with a pink/brown combo. I love pink and brown together.

I used my SU! markers to color the image and then stamped onto the cardstock. I lightly sponged the edges in Pretty in Pink & Close to Cocoa. The larger piece of dp is from Apple Cider which is in the Holiday mini, as well as the chocolate satin ribbon. I overlayed a piece of pink taffeta with that.

The smaller pink/white panel is first stamped with Linen in Close to Cocoa and overstamped with the polka dots from the Happiness BG stamp in Pretty in Pink. Light sponging of the edges in Close to Cocoa. The dp is from Petals and Paisleys and was a scrap from a former project. This is the negative piece from the punch out with Square Steps.

The flowers on the main image come from PaperTrey are made by Maya Road and are velvet!! So yummy! The main panel is up on foam tape.


My next SC card is this week's sketch. This week Roxie set some ground rules: the left panel had to be asymmetrical and not touch either end of the base card, the top panel could not touch the left panel and had to be wider than it is tall. She also suggested we use lots of hardware!!

So I was itching to use my Wanted set again with some of the Outlaw dp I haven't used yet. My colors I chose were Sage Shadow, Choc. Chip, Natural Ivory with a hint of Really Rust.

All of the base panels are distressed with my disstessor tool and the bottom panel is inked with Sage Shadow. The main image panel was done in a collage effect and overstamped with Linen in Choc. Chip, 3rd generation.

My western medallion was stamped in Really Rust and rock n rolled in Choc. Chip, punched with the scallop circle and layered on a copper scallop. This was adhered with foam tape. The copper brad finishes it off.

I went to a craft store on Monday called Crafts 2000, and bought this really neat mobile scrapbooking cart to help me keep things handy while I do my room renovations. This cart can store a ton of stuff!! It came with the 4 hanging files, 2 baskets and four shelves. The plastic bins under the files I purchased separately and they store extra 12 x 12 paper, chipboard and other stuff. It also rolls around easily. Here is a pic:


Well, that's all I have for now! I am working on some more creations to show you and will post more over the weekend.


Take care and Happy Stamping!!


~~~Ann~~~

2 comments:

dasimonds said...

Thank you for sharing..your cards are very pretty...love you choice of pretty papers and embellishments.


Dee

Courtney said...

Wow. Beautiful cards, as always!! I am so glad to know about the heaver white paper from Papertrey. I will have to check it out... I, too am always looking for something heavier than SU's white to make a card base. Thanks for the tip!