Thursday, October 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Jennifer!!

Hello everyone!! I know I've been gone for a few days and I am so sorry!! But you know how life intrudes on our plans at times and this week that has happened almost everyday!! My soon-to-be-ex-husband is FINALLY moving out on Saturday and I have been busy packing up all of his stuff and the items we have split. Just let me say this is the strangest divorce I could have ever imagined!! LOL!! But it is a very amicable one, and for that, I am very happy. For anyone who read my blog in early August, Discussion with Self!, this is one of those items which needed to be dealt with. Enough of me and onto the card!

Wednesdays are sketch challenge days on SCS, which I love. Sometimes, for me anyway, the hardest part of putting the card together is coming up with a layout that I like. I may have all the right colors to go with the right stamp set, but I get hung up on layout. That is where the sketch challenges come in very handy. I also look through my card magazines, my current and old SU! catalogs and I have a "Cookie Cutter" template book from Simply Sentiments I refer to also.

For this week's challenge Roxie asked us to please follow the sketch as is and try not to do any tweaking. I did not tweak at all!! The fold is on the left and on the right side you cut off 1" so you can see the inside also. With the 1" inside panel you could decorate with stamps, designer paper or whatever.

I already knew what set I wanted to use, Make A Wish, by Gina K. for a birthday card for my sister. And then I looked at my cardstock and decided to use a color I haven't used in awhile, which would be Pixie Pink. I referred to my Color Coach to see what colors went well with Pixie Pink and Green Galore and Certainly Celery were both listed. As I played around with these I thought the two greens just didn't stand apart enough and the Pixie Pink was still overwhelming them. So throw in the Basic Black! OK, not bad but the Green Galore just wasn't doing enough for me, so took that out and played around some more with just the Pixie Pink, Cert. Celery and Black. Love this combo!! I used a piece of the Cert. Celery dp on my inside 1" strip and went from there.

I used my Watercolor Wonder Crayons to color the main image. The large white panel is stamped with Cert. Celery in Linen and sponged in the same around all the edges. The sentiment was stamped three different times in Pixie Pink craft ink and heat embossed with clear ep. I had to "stack" the saying in order to make it fit the panel.

My main image is up on foam tape and three different ribbons and eyelets finishes it off!!

Now lets hope I don't forget to mail the card! I can't forget her birthday since she is exactly 7 years younger than me as she was born on my 7th birthday!! Our birthday is October 22nd.


Thanks for stopping by!!


Happy Stamping!!


~~~Ann~~~


No comments: