Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Thanksgiving Greeting - DIC122


Hello all!!! I cannot believe the weather we are having here in Michigan!!!  You would think it's early spring instead of the middle of November.  But, I am truly enjoying it.

Over on the UDI Blog this week, the inspiration challenge is a gorgeous picture of a fall tree in all it's glory!  The color of the leaves is stunning.  Check out the UDI Blog to see it.  And play along!

I had one thought for my card when I looked at the picture, but then, like always, the card went on it's way by itself!!!  But, I do like how this turned out!!

It all started with the "wreath".  I cut out several lattice dies from the wood sheets the other day, and just couldn't throw away all the little bits and pieces left.  If was cardstock, that's one thing, but this was using the wood sheets.  As I had them on my table the "light bulb" went off and I thought those pointed ovals would make a great wreath. 

Originally I intended for this to be a Christmas wreath, but when I looked at the pic for this week, I thought a fall wreath would work too.  I have no idea how many pieces I used, but it does have two rows.  I punch a circle first with the 1 3/4" circle and then punched that out with the 2 1/2" circle.  That is the base.  I added sticky strip and stuck 'em down!!  I then spritzed it with the Log Cabin Smooch Spritz.


I used the Greeting Cards Kids set and actually this image is more for Halloween.  But, we have pumpkins at Thanksgiving!!  I omitted the broom she is holding and made her hat look more like a pilgrim hat.  I watercolored her with my aquapainter and stamp lids.  It's supposed to look like she's "holding" the sentiment!

The sketch is from this month's Fan Club/Dirty Dozen group on SCS.  The card base is Naturals Ivory, layered with Old Olive stamped in the same ink with the Sanded BG.  The second layer is Chocolate Chip with a piece of the Autumn Spice dsp.  I distressed the edges with my distressor tool.  A piece of Victoria lace and linen thread, and it's done!

Happy Stamping!!!!

~~~Ann~~~

2 comments:

carolm said...

very cute annie. love the wreath idea. xox

Unknown said...

Wow, wow, wow! Love all your details Ann - just beautiful!