Friday, January 1, 2010

A Monkey New Year - 2010!


HAPPY NEW YEAR all!!!! I hope this finds you healthy and happy on this first day of 2010. How weird is that to say?

I created this card for two different challenges - LSC253 on SCS and LNS51 on the Late Night Stampers Yahoo Group I am in.

I used the soon-to-be released Fox and Friends, coming in the Occasions mini. You can purchase these starting on January 5th! And, I used the new clear mount stamps!!! I love these, as they help make placement soooo much easier!

When I ordered this set I knew I wanted to do the Warhol technique I learned from Technique Junkies, at least once! But I think I see more cards using this technique from this set. It really lends itself to this technique.

I stamped the monkey in black staz-on on 3 each of Certainly Celery and Barely Banana and then punched them out with the scallop square. Each of the squares were then mounted to a black square and placed on the card using dimensionals.

The challenge for LNS51 is to use brads, so I put a black brad in the corner of each square.

LNS253 is create a Happy - New - Year card, but not necessarily specific to the new year.

The happy part is to create a card in 15 minutes or less. When you stamp one image six times and punch it out, makes the card go very quickly!

The new part is my Fox & Friends set. First time it's seen ink.

The year part was to create a card for an annual event - I just stuck to the New Year theme.

And, the best part of all, is this card was put together using only scraps from stash.

I originally intended this to be a birthday card, but as I was looking through my Teeny Tiny Wishes set, I saw the "Happy New Year" and thought it worked better.

Especially with the font. I used the Modern Label and Word Window punch for the sentiment panel. A strip of black gingham finishes it off.

Happy Stamping!!!!

~~~Ann~~~

1 comment:

StampinCathy said...

Ann, This is just to cute!
Happy New Year!