Sunday, January 17, 2010

GCA #74 - Be Inspired by Fabric!!


Hello all!!! For the challenge this week we are going to use the delightful creations by KaraMia Sofia. I found this wonderful shop on Etsy and is run by Joanne. Her talent in sewing is awesome, especially to me as I do not know how to sew!!! However, she uses a variety of fabric prints to create make-up bags, clutches for bridal parties and holders for cell phones, etc.

My sample is now up! Fell asleep last night with my grandson and slept all night!! Guess I was more tired than I thought!!! You can see my inspiration piece Gadget Pouch with all the fun colors in it, which is why I picked this one.

I used the new With All My Heart set from the Occasions mini. I ordered mine in the clear mount set and did it make it easier to "double stamp" the large flower. I also used the Mojo 121 sketch for my layout.

The colors I used on here are Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Shimmery White and the SAB dsp. I really like how well these colors go together.

On the dsp piece I spritzed Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red over it with my color spritzer to "cut down" on the glare from the white. I also used my Pumpkin Pie marker and spritzed it over the stamped panel.

My stamped panel was done using the largest flower and the smallest in this set. I tried to mimic the over-lapping color on the fabric by stamping the largest flower first in Pretty in Pink and then Regal Rose. I stamped off the Regal Rose once and then slightly twisted the stamp to create the over lap.

The medium flower was stamped in Rose Red on Pretty in Pink and I used one of the new Pretty in Pink epoxy brads in the center. These can also be found in the new Occasions mini. I used my gel pen for the dots on the scallops.

A piece of Rose Red gg around the tab panel and it's done. Not a very good bow, but it works.

The strip is up on dimensionals and the scallop circle image is up on double dimensionals.

Upload your creation to either your blog or to an online gallery and post a link to your creation to this blog entry by January 23, 2010 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner the next day. If you upload your card to SCS, PaperCraft Planet, Stampin' Addicts or Stamp TV, please put GCA74 in your keywords. That way everyone can see all of the wonderful creations at once!

Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenges and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it! And yes, my challenge is open to everyone who visits, even if you live outside the US!

Happy Stamping!!!!

~~~Ann~~~

5 comments:

raindropecho said...

Wonderful card, Ann! A very inspirational shop indeed. Here's my card I used this as my inspiration.

- Ann

Hazel said...

Thanks for a challenging challenge - my card is here x

Nancy said...

Beautiful! I love the overstamping in the different colors ~ so soft and pretty :)

StampinCathy said...

Ok I want to know how you can highlight words in the comment to just click on to go to the place. Can anyone help me? I know this would be easier for you Ann! LOL
Ok right now I'm going to have to do it the old fashion way! LOL
Here's my card:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1597419?&cat=500&ppuser=66979

Thanks for another fun challenge.

Irit Shalom said...

I was inspired by this res- black and white pouches- 2 of them
HERE IS MY CARD