CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Mardi Gras Mask - 3D Project #2 for Artisan Award Entry



Hello all!!!  Here is my second 3D project that I submitted for the Artisan Award Design Team contest.  It's a mardi gras mask.  I've had this idea in my head for the longest time, then SU! made one in October 2011 (I think!) and I TRIED to make one last year, but it didn't work.  Soooo, this year I rethunk my plan and this is what I came up with!

First, I found a bigger mask to work with than I did the first time.  And then, instead of trying to cover it with designer series paper (dsp), I covered it with our now retired More Amore fabric.  I was so happy that I got the words on here straight the first time!!!  I adhered it with Mod Podge.

I colored rhinestones with a black sharpie and outlined the eyes with them.  The Vanilla Flower trim (now retired) was colored with Real Red ink.  The paper doilies above the eyes were colored with Basic Black ink and just cut in half and glued onto the back.

To give the mask a little more height,  I cut some dsp from the neutrals stack and the rosette die.  I then adhered a large rhinestone at each of the scallops.

The rest is pretty much embellishments to help make it "look pretty"!

Thanks for looking!!

Stamped Blessing!!

Ann :)