Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hello Baby Cakes - GCA133


Hello all!!!  We had a gorgeous day here in Michigan, but we are also under a tornado watch!  That must mean that spring is here!

Here's another baby sample for this week.  I made this on Sunday with the leftovers from the cards I made the grandkids.  Guess I was having too much fun with the quilting technique!!

With these squares I just randomly, in some order, put them together!!  Make sense?  Once I had the pattern I wanted, I went around each square with my white gel pen and did the faux stitching.  Doesn't show up too much after I embossed it with the Elegant Lines ebf.  Backed it with a Crumb Cake layer.

The sentiment and white/pear scallop oval come from the Nursery Suites Quick Accents.  I used my oval scallop from the Movers & Shapers set and then backed that with a Whisper White decorative label punch.  The overall set is up on very thick dimensionals.  Then, I used dimensionals under the pear scallop layer and one more under the sentiment.

The baby jammies is from the Simple Life level 1 hostess set out of the Occasions mini.  I used paper piecing by stamping first on WW in Brown staz on and then again onto the dsp.  The heart is punched from the owl punch and popped up with a tiny dimensional.  A mini library clip with the new WW baker's twine finishes that off.

The scrunched ribbon is using the Crumb Cake seam binding and then pulling a thread from the middle of it.  I've tried to do this many times and usually break the thread I'm pulling on!  But this time it worked perfectly and I am very happy with the end result.

The finished size of this card is 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 and has a WW card base.

Happy Stamping!!!

~~~Ann~~~

No comments: