Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hop on over - GCA #129


Hello all!!!  How is everyone doing??  In my area of Michigan today is BEAUTIFUL and sunny day.  Still a little chilly out, but the sun is out and that is what's important!!  Nothing like a sunny day to get the juices flowing.

Well are you ready to get back into the challenges???  This week is an easy one, I promise.  Easter is on the way and this week we are focusing on that.

So for the challenge this week, your creations need to be anything related to Easter.  Bunnies, chicks, carrots or Easter baskets, it all fits!!  My sample for this week is an easy one - even for me!!!  This was one of the cards I did for my monthly club.  The original idea came from Danielle Vincent on Stampin' Connection.  I apologize for those who are not SU! demos, as you will not be able to access the card.

What drew me to her cute Easter card was the bunny.  One: how it was punched with the 1 3/4", 1 3/8" and small oval punches and two: the button as the tail!!!Of course, I made some changes to make it my own, but the bunny is basically the same.  I sponged Regal Rose around all the edges and used a Pretty in Pink button with a pearl on top as the tail.  I also added "whiskers" to my bunny with white crochet thread.

To carry over the bunny/Easter theme I used the bunny dsp from the Nursery Suite dsp.  The striped dsp is the Pear Pizzazz from the hostess level 1 pack.  The "grass" is a strip of Pear Pizzazz card stock first punched with the pinking hearts border punch and then ran through the crimper.  I then used dimensionals behind the bunny for depth. 

I also used a new trick that I found out about from some fellow stampers!!!  SU! has the Movers & Shapers dies and XL die, which I have, but I rarely use.  Most of the time I forget I have them and the other times I just don't want to bother with pulling all that out.  But, some smart stamper discovered that if you have the clear circle or scalloped square BIGZ die, you can use the Mover & Shaper dies alone with those!  I usually just want the larger background piece so this works perfect!  The Regal Rose scalloped oval is from the Mover & Shaper and the Whisper White one is the large scalloped oval punch.  The sentiment is from Well Scripted.

Upload your creation to either your blog or to an online gallery and post a link to your creation to this blog entry by April 2, 2011 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner the next day. If you upload your card to SCS, PaperCraft Planet, Stampin' Addicts, Stampin' Connection (for SU! demos) or Stamp TV, please put GCA129 in your keywords. That way everyone can see all of the wonderful creations at once!

Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenges and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it! And yes, my challenge is open to everyone who visits, even if you live outside the US!

Happy Stamping!!!!

~~~Ann~~~~ 

10 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Your card is so cute and just love how you used punches for the bunny. Congrats on 50,000 hits and I posted it on my FB! Congrats again.

Carlie M. said...

Such a cute card!

Here is my entry:
http://carliebugcrafts.blogspot.com/2011/03/have-happy-easter.html

Hazel said...

my card is here x

The life of an ordinary girl said...

I love this...it is so darn cute, great job as always. I hope to post something and join in on this weeks challenge since I have slacked for so long :)

Made by Mandy said...

Hope you like Glitter with your easter egg :)

My Submission

Hazel said...

another Easter card here x

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! This is so super cute! I look forward to checking out some of the links others have left.

Thank you so much for coming by my blog today for my "Tuesday's Tip" of storing my embellishments.

~Heidi

sammi said...

Here is mine:

http://sammibugscrapshack.blogspot.com/2011/03/its-spring-wanna-pet-my-lamb.html

Hazel said...

another card x

A Stamper's Journey said...

I love the bunny. Great idea using a button for a tail. Too cute!

Maureen