Thursday, September 16, 2010

Just for You Clouds - DIC113



Hello all!!!  It's time again for another inspiration challenge on UDI!!  You can check out the UDI Blog and see the fabulous inspiration piece Maria has provided and the rest of the design team samples. 

Just so you have some idea where my card came from, the piece this week is clouds.  A picture of big, white, fluffy clouds.  My first thought when I saw the picture was a circle card and after that I just played around.

As you can see, my card base is made with the large scallop circle die in Marina Mist.  I sponged the edges with White craft to give it the "cloud" feel.  The Whisper White layer was cut with the clear circle (large) die from a piece of scrap that I had run through with the Perfect Polka Dots eb folder.

Now, my circles on the front came from an idea that is included with the new, and awesome, fabric in the Holiday Mini.  You get 4 ideas of projects to make with the fabric you purchase.  There is a project for a circle brooch and I attempted to mimic that with card stock.  I layered different pieces of Marina Mist, Whisper White and Candy Cane dsp.  I used the circles #2 die to cut them.  Do you see a pattern here??  : )

Now the circles didn't turn out quite like I wanted, but then I wasn't sure what I wanted it to look like!!  The top circle is up on dimensionals and the whole piece is up on dimensionals.  I used one of the awesome new buttons from the Candy Cane set, which you can get in the Holiday mini.  These are fabulous!!  I used white embroidery thread through the button holes.  A piece of Marina Mist 1/8" taffeta is tied at the top of the circle.

To finish off the card, punched a large oval from the Brushed Silver and layered it with a small oval punched from the Whisper White embossed piece.  I used the stamp from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Marina Mist.  Just to add some further interest, and every cloud has a silver lining, right?, I punched two leaves from the bird punch and stuck them behind the oval panel.

Not my usual style, but it's nice to go outside your comfort zone every once in awhile!!  Hope you enjoy it!  And check out the UDI Blog when you have a minute!

Happy Stamping!!!

~~~Ann~~~

2 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

Being outside your comfort zone is how we grow. You did wonderful with this week's challenge - Many of my projects seem to walk me through it instead of the other way around. ;)

Unknown said...

This is lovely Ann! Don't you just love the creative journeys we take sometimes?! Beautiful job here!