Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Fruitful Thanks - DIC115


Hello all!!!  This week for the UDI inspiration challenge I stretched the design slightly.  (Actually, as I am out-of-town this week, and worked so much on stuff for this upcoming weekend, I am using a card I made a little while ago!!!)  Please Maria, don't shoot me!  Check out the UDI Blog to see the inspiration piece, a gumball machine, and play along if you can!

This card is a "tent topper" card.  You can create these several ways, but I usually like to make mine with a rounded topper.  But, I have made them with a square topper.  On here I used the scallops #2 die, large size, and the Circle Scissors plus to make the inside circle with Shimmery White.  The scallop is made using Daffodil Delight and finished with piercing in each of the scallops.

Now, to make your base, you make it 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 square and when you put the topper on, line it up to make it no longer than 5 1/2.  That way you can still put it into a regular A2 envelope.  I layered my base, made with Riding Hood Red, with Whisper White and Greenhouse Gala dsp.  I used the Daffodil Delight ornate flower pattern.  My sentiment is  stamped in Black Craft and clear embossed.

The white organdy ribbon was tied on my bowmaker and then fastened on the back of the Whisper White layer.  The topper portion was attached using dimensionals.  I get very picky about making sure the image is straight and I don't go past the 5 1/2 length.  Using my grid paper from SU! is perfect for this!!

My stamp set I used is Studio Sketches, and I almost didn't buy this!  This is one of the pre-order sets we could purchase before the new catalog came out.  I am not the greatest with watercoloring, but this set really makes it easier than it looks!  I colored the pears with the Pear Pizazz marker, along the edges, and then used my aquapainter to pull the color up in the rest of the image.  The  Shimmery White cardstock is awesome to watercolor on!!  The apples were stamped, colored the same as the pears using the Soft Suede and Riding Hood Red markers, cut out and popped up with dimensionals.

Actually I don't think I strayed to far from the inspiration piece, as it is a gumball machine and I did use a rounded tent topper and similar colors!

Don't forget to  check out the UDI Blog if you have a minute and play along with us!

Happy Stamping!!

~~~Ann~~~

7 comments:

Maria Williams :) said...

LOL.. don't worry Ann, I'm not gonna shoot you. :)
This card works perfectly for this week's challenge with it's colors and the round topper.
It all worked out just fine!!

carolm said...

very pretty ann. what is a bow maker though? xox

Priyanka said...

this card is just wow wow wow,I always like this type of images and u did beautiful job.

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful! Love this design so much!

Jeannette Siciliani said...

What a beautiful card!

Maxine Conrad said...

Very elegant Ann! Great job :)

Anonymous said...

I like the card! Beautifully done. Everything looks fine in it.
dining table