Sunday, June 13, 2010

GCA #92 - It's a Sketch!!

Hello all!!  I just spent a wonderful afternoon with my club girls, and I just HAD to show them the new catalog!!!  I am super excited about what is to come, and if you need one, you better contact your demo right away!

Since I am soooo excited about the new catalog coming out, I used one of the new sets we could pre-order.  This set is called Artistic Etchings.  I can't show you all of the images, but you see 3 of them on the front of  this card.  Doesn't it remind you of Paris back in the 40's era?  And the new dsp, Newsprint, is to die for!!!

For this card I used Basic Black textured, cut to 3.5 x 7.  Haven't made a longer type card in awhile and I really like how this turned out.  I used a strip of the Newsprint dsp, tore the right edge off, wadded and crumpled it out, flattened it out and inked the edges with black staz on.  I tried to be careful when I adhered it to the card so I didn't flatten it out too much.


The Eiffel Tower is stamped in the new Cherry Cobbler and the medallion brooch is in Daffodil Delight, stamped off once.  Then I lightly spritzed the panel with the Silver Smooch spray.  The "Amour" is stamped in black staz on onto Daffodil Delight.  I used my distressor tool on the Daffodil Delight and inked the edges with black.  This panel is up on dimensionals.  A mini library clip with a piece of the new 1/8" black taffeta finishes off the card.    

For the inside I cut a piece of Very Vanilla to 3 x 6.  I wanted to have that frame of black around it.  I used the torn strip from the front piece on the edge, stamped the medallion in Daffodil Delight, the crown in Cherry Cobbler and the key in black.  The sentiment is from the new Level 3 hostess set, Occasional Quotes.

So, for this week's challenge:  Use the sketch/layout of my card front to create your project.  It does not have to be a long card.  It can be a scrapbook page, card or whatever, as long as you follow the basic layout.  Feel free to flip the layout if that works better for you.

Upload your creation to either your blog or to an online gallery and post a link to your creation to this blog entry by June 19, 2010 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner the next day. If you upload your card to SCS, PaperCraft Planet, Stampin' Addicts or Stamp TV, please put GCA92 in your keywords. That way everyone can see all of the wonderful creations at once!

Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenges and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it! And yes, my challenge is open to everyone who visits, even if you live outside the US!

Happy Stamping!!!

~~~Ann~~

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi Ann, I haven't played your challenge for along time, time just flies away.

http://havefunstamping.blogspot.com/2010/06/where-has-my-mojo-gone.html

Rach:)

Mary said...

Another great challenge. Here is <a href=" http://marydemmons.blogspot.com/2010/06/summertime.html> my card</a>.

Mary

Hazel said...

Very Parisian, Ann - love it. I've featured Japan on my card here x