Sunday, September 27, 2009

GCA #60 - Forest Friends!!


Hello all!! This week we will tone it down a bit and go easy! I certainly didn't mean to scare anyone off last week with the Basket Weaving.

This week we are going to concentrate our stamps on all of those fun and fuzzy Forest Friends we have around us. This can be an image of deer, rabbits, owls or anything that lives in the forest. NOT a jungle, but in a forest.
My sample for you this week is one from my archives, but one I still love!!

The owl is Oliver Owl from Treehouse Stamps and is no longer available. Isn't he just adorable??
I added another set of wings to him, popped up with dimensionals and colored him with my SU! markers on watercolor paper.

The sketch is one that Ashley, from Treehouse Stamps, came up with.

The other technique I used on here is the "Out of the Box" technique. This is a fun an easy technique to do. Let me tell you how so you can try!

* Stamp your image on your cardstock, cut to fit the image right now. You will cut it down later.
* Color, emboss, paper piece or whatever you are going to do with your image now.
* Once you have your image the way you want it, determine how much of the image you want to be left "Out of the Box".
* Using scissors or a paper trimmer, VERY CAREFULLY trim off the parts you decided could go.
* Once you have the image trimmed, now you can mount it onto other layers, if desired.
Have fun with technique if you give it a whirl!!

IT IS NOT REQUIRED TO DO THIS TECHNIQUE FOR THIS WEEKS GCA!!!!

So, the challenge this week is to make a card, project or scrapbook page using any type of Forest Friends stamps, upload it either to your blog, or to an online gallery and post a link to your card to this blog entry as a comment by October 5, 2009 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner through a random drawing and post the next Sunday.

Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenge and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it! If you upload your card on SCS, Stampin' Addicts or Paper Craft Planet, please put GCA60(NO SPACE IN BETWEEN GCA AND 60) in the keyword section.That way everyone can look at all of the creations at once! If you've been waiting to join in the fun, jump on in and have some fun!! And yes, my challenge is open to everyone who visits, even if you live outside the US!!!

Happy Stamping!!!

~~~Ann~~~

4 comments:

Lori said...

Great challenge!
My card is here

Maria Matter said...

Hi Ann!
the weeks fly by so fast, seems I missed a whole challenge in there! lol
Here's my forrest animal....a bear!
... Joyful Stamper: Shy Bears sending you a Smile!
Blessings, Maria

StampinCathy said...

This was a fun challenge and your card is so cute.
Here's my card:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1495286?&cat=500&ppuser=66979

Maria Matter said...

Hi Ann....just wanted to let you know I rec'd my goodies yesterday! You were so generous, thank you very much!
blessings, Maria