Sunday, September 13, 2009

GCA #58 - Think Pink & Black!


Hello all!!! Now that my monthly club is over for the day, I concentrate on getting the GCA posted. This week we are focusing on Pink & Black together, but you may add additional colors if you wish.

My sample I have for you today came from the Inspiration challenge on SCS. Stef gave us a unique children's clothing site to look at and the item I used is here: Jungle Print dress. The pink and black just jumped right out at me!! So as I was putting this together, that's how I came up with this week's challenge!

I also used Beate's WCS 97 for my layout. With the dress I used, this sketch just went perfectly with it!

My card is 4 3/4' x 4 3/4" square. The base is from Basic black text and then I used Pretty in Pink and Going Gray textured cs. The white cs is Shimmery White. Love it!!

I used Razzle Dazzle as my stamp set since I needed a way to mimic the print on the dress. I used my Pretty in Pink, Going Gray and Black markers on the "ribbon stripe" stamp and stamped across a piece of Shimmery White. The flower way stamped in PIP and then sponged around the edges with PIP and Going Gray.

I paper pierced around the top edge of the Going Gray circle and then mounted my main image circles with dimensionals. After, of course, I adhered the gray circle and striped layers. The sentiment was stamped in black staz on and the edges sponged with PIP. Punched it out with my Word Window punch and layered over a piece of black punched with the Modern Label. The right side is up with a dimensional.

A piece of gray taffeta along the bottom of the striped panels and some pearls on the top half finish it off!

So, the challenge this week is to make a card, project or scrapbook page using the colors of Pink & Black, upload it either to your blog, or to an online gallery and post a link to your card to this blog entry as a comment by September 19, 2009 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner through a random drawing and post the next Sunday.
Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenge and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it! If you upload your card on SCS, Stampin' Addicts or Paper Craft Planet, please put GCA58(NO SPACE IN BETWEEN GCA AND 58) in the keyword section.That way everyone can look at all of the creations at once! If you've been waiting to join in the fun, jump on in and have some fun!! And yes, my challenge is open to everyone who visits, even if you live outside the US!!!
Happy Stamping!!!!
~~~Ann~~~

10 comments:

Rachel said...

What a beautiful card, lovely. I created a card a couple of weeks ago for my daughters teacher and the whole class signed the card. I was very happy how it turned out. Here it is
http://havefunstamping.blogspot.com/2009/09/miss-wright-is-getting-married.html

Rach:)

Carol said...

I just love your blog! I have submitted a card for this to SCS.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=173632

This is a card I created for my good friend's birthday.

~Carol

StampinCathy said...

This is one beautiful card and just love the layout and colors you used.

Clare said...

Gorgeous card! Here is my card...loved the challenge...:)

http://bearydocardsinc.blogspot.com/2009/09/pink-and-black-tree.html

Clare

Lori said...

Love this color combo!
here's mine

StampinCathy said...

Here's my card for this week challenge.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1480167?&cat=500&ppuser=66979&perpage=48&thumbsonly=0

redsmomma said...

This one was a fun one to put together! Thanks for another great challenge!
http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.com/
~anna

Tutu Crafts said...

This is my first time entering your challenge! Thanks for letting me play!

[link]http://newtoscrapping.blogspot.com/2009/09/black-white-and-pink-butterflies.html[/link]

Tutu Crafts said...

http://newtoscrapping.blogspot.com/2009/09/black-white-and-pink-butterflies.html

here is my link again...

June Renee' said...

You can see my card here...
http://heart-j.blogspot.com/2009/09/poka-dot-punches-in-recipe.html