Sunday, October 19, 2008

GCA#13 - Halloween Colors!!!



Hello everyone!!! For this week's GCA we are focusing on colors, specifically colors that look good on Halloween cards! Halloween is 11 days from today, and if you still need to get any Halloween cards finished, here's your chance!! (Please note: Your card DOES NOT have to be a Halloween card!!)

The colors to use are:

Basic Black

Basic Gray (optional)

Only Orange

Green Galore

Aren't these the perfect colors to use for Halloween?? Actually the color combo is my interpretation on the World Card Making Day color challenge hosted on SCS on October 4th. You were to make your card with a "Lemon/Lime Twist" and these were the colors I had which matched the best.

On my sample I used the newest Halloween set from Treehouse Stamps, Creepy Crawly. I just love the different images in this set! I also used Beate's WSC60 for my layout. And since I used Basic Black as my base card, I attached a piece of Whisper White to the inside and stamped on that also! How many times do you make your cards and neglect the inside? Don't neglect the inside of your card!!!

To be entered in the challenge drawing, make a card using the different dimensions for your cards , upload it either to your blog, or to an online gallery and post a link to your card to this blog entry as a comment by October 24, 2008 at 12 midnight. I will choose the winner through a random number generator and post the next day.

Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenge and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it!If you upload your card on SCS, please put GCA13 (NO SPACE IN BETWEEN GCA AND 13) in the keyword section. That way everyone can look at all of the creations at once! If you've been waiting to join in the fun, jump on in and have some fun!!



Happy Stamping!!!!


~~~Ann~~~

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Hi Ann,
I love how the inside of your card carries on the festive feeling for such a fun 'holiday'! I would not have thought to add gray on this mix but now I'm so tempted to make something! :)

Kara Ward said...

This is so cute...terrific job! That spider dangling is fabulous...Kara

StampinCathy said...

Hi Ann,
Happy Birthday! I've been under the weather and thought I was going to miss this challenge.

Here is the link:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1103233?cat=500&ppuser=66979

Thanks

The life of an ordinary girl said...

Ann,

My entry is on my blog - www.starstampers.blogspot.com
Thanks
Brandy