Sunday, March 15, 2009

GCA #33 - Only Orange!!!


Hello all!! Sorry for the late post, but I had a workshop today that ran later than I expected! I hope this finds everyone having enjoyed a wonderful weekend. Today in Michigan it was in the 50's, sun out and just gorgeous! Bring on Spring!!

Starting this week, I am extending the deadline for you get your creation posted by one day!!! Now you will have until the next Saturday at 12 midnight to post your creation and link!!

Now on to the challenge!! And don't let the title scare you! I actually got the idea for this week's challenge after I read the April issue of Stampin' Success. This is a magazine SU! demos receive each month filled with all sorts of good information.

There was an article in this issue addressing the "bad rap" orange gets and how under used it is sometimes. As I read the article I remembered the challenge we did with Yo Yo Yellow and figured this was good challenge too!


Now for this challenge you can use any shade of orange, but in my sample I used Only Orange. My sample here is one I made in February 2008 and was one of my entries for the Artisian Award. It is a flap-fold card and I designed it to be an invitation for my grandson's birthday. I apologize if I already have posted this, but I knew I used Only Orange here and I wanted to have a sample for you.

This is paired with Brilliant Blue, Wild Wasabi, Barely Banana and Whisper White. I used the now retired Unforgettable set and the Hugs & Wishes set, which is still current.


To be entered in the challenge drawing, make a card using any shade of ORANGE, upload it either to your blog, or to an online gallery and post a link to your card to this blog entry as a comment by 21, 2009 at 12 midnight. Please also include the TLC208 in your keywords when you upload!! I will choose the winner through a random number generator and post the next Sunday.

Even if you can't make the drawing deadline, PLEASE feel free to participate in the challenge and upload your creations at any time. I would love to see it!If you upload your card on SCS, or Paper Craft Planet, please put GCA33(NO SPACE IN BETWEEN GCA AND 33) in the keyword section. That way everyone can look at all of the creations at once! If you've been waiting to join in the fun, jump on in and have some fun!!
Happy Stamping!!!!
~~~Ann~~~

4 comments:

Elaine said...

That's a cute invite, Ann! Is it a tri-fold? I'll see if I can put something together this week! I did not get to do the box from last week though I tried~ :(

Ann said...

Hello Elaine! The card is flap-fold card. Maybe an upcoming challenge!!

StampinCathy said...

Ann this invitation is so cute. I would love to learn how to make on of these. I just love different kinds of cards and techniques. My DH is graduating Friday, so my time is limited this week. So I'm going to cheat and give you a few links of ones that I have made with orange.
Here are the links:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1267996?nocache=1

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1254728?nocache=1

Have a great and creative week.

Unknown said...

Orange is everywhere this week :) I did two orangey cards last night at http://hoveyhut.blogspot.com/2009/03/pms-challenge-cards.html

Cheers!