Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!!!


Hello all!! I hope everyone had a joyful, and safe, New Years 2009!!! I had BIG plans for stamping yesterday and today, but life got in the way and I only managed to create this one card!! But, it incorporates 3 SCS challenges into one card! Don't do that very often.

I love this sentiment, now available from Treehouse Stamps, and think it is the perfect one for sending out a New Years hello!

Challenge #1 is CC199: Bravo Burgundy, Handsome Hunter and So Saffron. I like it when challenges make me use Bravo Burgundy, because I don't reach for it too often. I wish it had a little less brown in it and a little more red. But I do like it paired with the So Saffron and Handsome Hunter.

Challenge #2 is SC209. I adjusted my panels slightly to accommodate the sentiment. It's not often I make the sentiment the focus of the card, but this one deserves it! On the first BG panel I used Handsome Hunter layered with WW, which I stamped the tulip and small heart on. I then ran it through my CB with the Swiss Dots folder, distressed the edges and inked over with H. Hunter ink.

The large WW BG panel was put through the CB with the Houndstooth folder, edge distressed and inked with B. Burgundy. The narrow strip in the middle is So Saffron with SS dsp. I used a piece of new felt ribbon I picked up at Hobby Lobby on the clearance table! It matches HH almost perfectly!

The sentiment panel is B. Burgundy embossed with the Textile folder. I wanted some of the BB panel to show, so I made it larger than the actual sentiment panel and S. Saffron dsp piece. The main WW panel is also edge distressed and inked with H. Hunter ink. I also used my color spritzer on here.

Challenge #3 is WT199. This was to use silver on your card in some way!! Either with cardstock, dsp, stickles or whatever! Just as long as you used silver. I used three different mediums of silver. One, I used silver stickles on the four corners of the main image panel and on the bodies of the butterflies. Two, I used silver cord tied around the HH felt. And third, I used silver cardstock for one of my butterflies! The butterflies are punched with a MS punch. The tulip I colored with my markers, stamped onto WW and cut out.

As you can see with the inside photo, I stamped the tulip twice and placed a butterfly punched from embossed Bravo Burgundy above. The edges were inked with So Saffron. I like how this carries the colors and such into the inside of the card and it doesn't look so "naked"! So don't forget to stamp inside your card!


Happy Stamping!!!!


~~~Ann~~~

2 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Happy New Year Ann!
Your card is fabulous. Great take on using the 3 challenges together.

StampinCathy said...

Hey Ann,
I just wanted to let you know that I received my Santa package today. I thought it was Christmas. Wow what a way to start off the New Year. Thanks so much and that notebook was awesome.