Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thinking of You - CC145 & New Stamps

Well it feels good to be making a non - Christmas card!!! I am all done and they are out in the mail!!

This week for the Color Combo challenge the colors are Elegant Eggplant, So Saffron & Wild Wasabi. Such beautiful colors together and perfect for a sympathy type of card. This past weekend Shelli Gardner's (SU! co-founder) mom, Heather, passed away. I made this card to send to Shelli at this time. I used my new Level 2 hostess set we could pre-order, Infinite Goodness, on here.

All of the white cardstock is Shimmery White and sponged with either Eggplant or Wasabi. On the large BG panel I used my Rough Texture jumbo wheel and did my Triple 3 BG with all the colors. I "off-wheeled" with Eggplant and Wasabi to keep them toned down.

I used four different punches to create the "pad" the dragonfly is on: Key Tab, Scallop, and 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches. The images are colored with Watercolor Crayons and blender pen.

I also used Mary Jo Albright's sketch she has posted on her blog for her blog candy contest. Check out her blog here: beauty lies within

You can find out how I did my scallop punch here also!! Check out her pictures to see how it's done!! My camera washed out the Elegant Eggplant, but that's what it is!!

I also have been playing with my new stamps from the Spring/Summer preview and here's what I have so far.


This first card uses Happy Heart Day. The elephant is so cute and this can be used for more than just Valentine's Day. Originally this stamp has a saying which flows along the trunk and top of his head, but I cut that off and mounted it on another block. This way I can use the saying separately, and easier, if I want.

I think everything on here is pretty straight forward. A very simple and quick card to make. I used a pewter jumbo eyelet to set the ribbon. The entire panel is up on dimensionals.

The second card uses the "Thank You" from Happy Heart Day, Trec Chic BG and Seeing Spots. While the last two are not new, I did just receive both of them. Another quick and easy card to make and just add some bling to jazz it up!!


And my last card uses A Beautiful Thing with my Rough Texture jumbo wheel. Beate did a fabulous tutorial on Reverse Spotlighting and this is my attempt at that. For the life of me I could not make those flowers match up under the circle no matter what I did!!!! So I just ended up placing them on top of the circles and slightly off centered! I like how this turned out though. I also tried a new way to put ribbon on.

Well, I should get to that Christmas present wrapping before Christmas Eve!!!


Happy Stamping!!!

~~~Ann~~~

No comments: